Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Antares
Working the Gusset

A Near Miss!
Last night was a hair-raising experience around here. Two tornadoes and baseball size hail JUST missed our place (thank God).

You know things are not good when the weather chasers show up in your neighborhood!

Anyone else out there having a doozy of a spring (as far as weather is concerned)? If so, my prayers go out to you for your safety and peace of mind through it all!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
NebraskaGal
Ribbing the Cuff

Not to call down the lightening, but we have been missing all the action here in Nebraska! I am not at all wishing for devistating tornadoes and hail but I have only had one good storm pass our property (complete with three or four house rattling bolts of lightening!!!).

I am praying for all those affected by storms in the south east (along with other places), and I hope everything turns out ok for them.

I love to watch lightening, and am facinated by tornadoes but not when watching them from my house. It does not happen too often, but I love it when there is alot of lightening and some rain but no rotation
NebraskaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Yikes! Take care!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

We had twisters go through our area about two weeks ago. Eight tornadoes touched down. People are still cleaning up in a neighboring town, but thank God no deaths or major injuries. I feel for you. I hope the cleanup isn't too bad.

The ironic thing is this happened the first day of Tornado Awareness week. The Emergency Government sounded the sirens as a scheduled drill a few days after that. A lot of nervous people who hadn't heard about the drill on the news headed for the basement.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
lorella
Casting On

Oh guish... I am glad you all are all safe. The winter was not so nice and now the spring is bad too. We are wanting to travel to Ohio in a couple of weeks for a few months to escape our Texas heat but I told my husband we don't need to be in the middle of the kind of weather that is moving our same route. We may have to put it off for a couple more weeks.
After going through a tornado and then a drill later is a real scare.
stay safe.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Antares
Working the Gusset

Oy! A tornado and THEN a tornado drill? Isn't that backwards?

Sheesh! You folks stay safe out there.

NebraskaGal, I have a friend who loves lightning and thunder! I dunno! You girls are kinda strange, I'm a thinkin'!!!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
Yeah, my old neighborhood got hit really bad, lots of friends and family still in that area...Everyone is OK but lots of damage...Once I heard Reed Timmer was in town I was like, "Uh, this sucks"....lol...Tornadoes hit just on the other side of the river from me

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Yes, it is backward with the tornado then the drill. Tornadoes in the Midwest are unusual for this time of year. We usually don't have to worry until the end of June. The weather's been bizarre lately. We had the tornadoes a month ago. We had a record breaking blizzard last week, then 50's temps and now the snow's all gone.

I feel sorry for the south. Over 200 mile an hour winds. I think it was an EF3. One hundred seventy five tornadoes in Alabama alone. Some entire small towns wiped out. Now they're on their way to Maryland. My thoughts and prayers are with those devastated by these storms yesterday.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote