Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

At the time of her death my Mama had 3 dogs and 5 cats. Her simple statement: "Humans can get over themselves, my pets can't help themselves when it comes to showing me emotion. Animal hair is an accessory I wear with Pride as it is the sign of someone well loved by their pets and that takes more work than having a happy marriage." I always loved her -isms, her sense of humor always showed through.

For what it's worth, Saracidal, my hubby has about the same kind of luck with animals that you do. For 3 years his first wife's cats were convinced his feet were the litter box at 2am.
TreshaRuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TreshaRuthe For This Useful Post:
saracidaltendencies (07-11-2011)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

This was posted on my Facebook.

To all my friends who don't like the pet hair on my furniture:

*If you don't like the pet hair, don't sit on the furniture. This is why it's called FUR-niture.
*My pets live here, you don't.
*I prefer to think of my pets as three year olds with fur who walk on all fours and can't speak.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatoldladyinpjs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Sara, I've gotta tell you about my girl cat. She is a tiny little thing. When she was 3 years old, the vet mistook her for only being 3 months old. She maybe weighs 7 pounds soaking wet. I have to protect big dogs from her because she will tear them apart. She has taken on 2 German Shepherds and a Pit Bull and had them running for their lives.

One of my sons' friends brought over his German Shepherd. My girl cat leaped 15 feet across the room, all four paws extended. She looked like a flying squirrel. She landed on the dog's back and started clawing. Fur was flying everywhere, and none of it was hers. Later I picked clumps of dog fur off the sofa. The poor dog ran behind me trying to get away from her, with the cat in hot pursuit. I felt sorry for the poor dog, but it was pretty funny.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
parisfan
Casting On

i use to own two dogs at the same time. one was a mini schnauzer and one was a huskey sheppard mix. the two of them had a routine when people came to the door. the schnauzer'd always go right up to the door barking and carrying on while the husky mix just stood there. now MOST ppl would FIRST see the little dog and go 'oh how CUTE' THEN look up see our OTHER dog and nearly wet themselves due to they hadn't seen her, just our schnzauer. it was always funny to see the reactions to this 'routine' lol
parisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to parisfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 03:43 AM   #15
CeCeKnittingN00b
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to CeCeKnittingN00b Send a message via MSN to CeCeKnittingN00b Send a message via Yahoo to CeCeKnittingN00b
Lol, oh dear. I've got a 5 year old domestic short hair tabby. He's so sly that it's ridiculous. He REALLY likes feet for some reason and he likes when we have company. He'll literally roll on his side and wait for our guest to rub his neck with their foot. Haha, and when they pretend he isn't there, he'll start wiggling toward them until they have to rub his neck.

The only thing he does that irks me is when he grabs his favorite toy and puts it in his water bowl. The toy ends up being all gross and soggy and in the end, I have to refill his bowl with water.

There's also a stray kitten that I've been feeding (I guess she's officially mine since I've been giving her food) and she likes to sit in my flower pots that are on the patio and crush my poor plants. Ah, animals are fascinating, aren't they? Lol
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
wellslipmystitches
Knitting the Flap

Sara, Enjoyed your haiku. I knew you wouldn't disappoint me with one of your own.
Jean
wellslipmystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wellslipmystitches For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #17
Breezed
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Breezed
Very funny stories; although, pets are said to be a reflection of their caretakers.

Breezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #18
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

My mother used to have a black cat named Spooky. She had an artificial Christmas tree and bought a chirping bird ornament. Spooky climbed the tree after it. It was like watching a lumberjack fell a tree. It fell down sideways almost in slow motion, cat and all. Spooky did this for many Christmases. He never did figure out that the bird wasn't real.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #19
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

You really and truly made my morning. Still laughing. You love 'em, hate 'em but you wouldn't give the stinkers up for anything.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda Witch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #20
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

In my cats' defense, they are good mousers and earn their Purina. We have a 130+ year old former farm house. We get maybe one or two mice a year. Those are the ones who haven't heard about my cats. We have a reputation with the local mouse population as being the cat house so they stay away. The cats' fame has spread so much that we've had several requests to borrow them from people with mouse problems. They're known as the "Git-er-done" cats. They just finished a gig in my son's basement last weekend.