Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #21
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
OMG, my cats do the SAME thing! they would rather go without food than eat most generic foods! We can't buy the cat food from Aldi because they refuse to eat it...they sniff it and walk away! LOL!

Oops...forgot to include the quote from fatoldladyinpj's about her cats being gourmet cats...lol

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by saracidaltendencies : 07-11-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: to add reference
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Wanda Witch View Post
You really and truly made my morning. Still laughing. You love 'em, hate 'em but you wouldn't give the stinkers up for anything.

You nailed it spot on...They drive me crazy but there's no way I could part with them. Especially since, despite their horrid, horrid habits, I find them to be more tolerable than most humans .

The way I see it is at least I can make others laugh over my miserable experiences with my pets, that way they're not pointless! LOL!!

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #23
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Breezed View Post
Very funny stories; although, pets are said to be a reflection of their caretakers.

Never heard that one but if that's the case there truly must be an evil troll that brainwashes them at night while I sleep as I haven't been known to poop and pee on beds. Well, not in adulthood anyways.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #24
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

My cats don't do that, but the little pigs do eat too fast and barf hairballs all over. My son's dog is another story. He pees on their beds. I think he does it for attention. His problem times are when the boys are at work and he's all alone. I guess it's his way of protesting. One thing I'd suggest is maybe playing the radio when you're not home for them, maybe a radio talk show so they can hear human voices. Some pet owners turn the tv on to Animal Planet. We give the dog a new chew toy to keep him occupied. We all live in the same apartment building so I take him upstairs with me when he howls for loneliness. The dog figured out that my apartment is the place to be in the summer because I have air conditioning and they don't.
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatoldladyinpjs For This Useful Post:
saracidaltendencies (07-13-2011)
Old 07-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #25
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

See, that's where the problem comes in...I'm home all the time, my cats poop and pee on the beds WHILE we're IN them, SLEEPING! We have to keep all the bedroom doors closed at all times otherwise they will use the beds as a litterbox. And believe me, any day that starts out with rolling over into cat poop is a crappy day indeed!!

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #26
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by saracidaltendencies View Post
See, that's where the problem comes in...I'm home all the time, my cats poop and pee on the beds WHILE we're IN them, SLEEPING! We have to keep all the bedroom doors closed at all times otherwise they will use the beds as a litterbox. And believe me, any day that starts out with rolling over into cat poop is a crappy day indeed!!
Yup, definitely sounds like what the hubby experienced with his first wife's cats. ROFL.

Usually, that behavior does indicate that they are unhappy about something.
TreshaRuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TreshaRuthe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #27
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

These behaviors are to get your attention. Pets are sensitive to things like humans yelling at each other, maybe a move to a new house, a new baby. Has the hubby got a new job where his shift is different or he's coming home at different times. They're used to being fed at a certain time.

It can be a change in food or maybe a cat litter that they don't like. My cats don't poop on the floor, but my girl bangs the kitchen cabinet door and walks around the house howling if her box needs changing. Think about if there's been any changes lately like changing pet food brands. There are some foods that they just don't like and some brands that are bad for them. Science Diet is one of the suspect ones reported to cause sick pets and elimination problems, despite what the vets tell you.

Animals are strange. They've got a set routine and they don't like anything that changes it.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #28
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Dang! I hate chasing my son's runaway dog all over the neighborhood. I didn't know this fat old lady could run that fast. Had to head off the cats about to head through the open door just as I was bringing the dog back in. I agree with Sara. I hate my animals!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #29
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

I have no idea what gets into them...Their feeding time hasn't changed, no new routine or strange hours or time left alone, I think they just get mad that we're asleep when they want attention...the one who I think is usually the guilty one is a big 'ol baby and absolutely adores my kids because they always give her attention...Well, I think she gets mad that she doesn't get attention from them when they're sleeping so she poops on their beds...lol...Thing is, she'll pee other places but the only place she'll poop that's not the litterbox in on our beds, that's why I think she just gets mad that we're asleep and she's not getting attention, the butthead! lol...

- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I lost 35 pounds so all my clothes hang on me. This morning was a lazy pajama day. Here I am running around the neighborhood at 10:30 in the morning when everybody's up in my clown pajamas and socks. I'm surprised the pants didn't fall down. That would really have given the neighborhood something to see. You had to be there, Sara. Jailbreak Day was fun.