Old 07-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Arya56227
Casting On

Fixing a dropped (K,YO,K)
I've had a terrible time working the Candle Flame Shawl pattern. After finding the correction for the pattern I tried to do it again. I'd say I'm about half-way through now and I came across a problem. I had only knitted 3 instead of 4 knit stitches in one of the little pattern pieces a few pieces back. So, I ripped out the stitches back to that point and started knitting again. Then I realized I had a gaping hole. Somehow, when I ripped the K,YO,K I didn't get it back on the needles right and know its just like this little ladder of yarn.

I'm not sure what to do now. I started ripping out a row to see if I could get past it and it just seemed to make it worse. I REALLY don't want to have to frog this whole thing.

Can anyone give me some instructions about fixing dropped (K,YO,K) stitches?

Oh, and I just saw about using a lifeline. That would have been incredibly helpful. Now I'll just have to wait til I figure this out to put one in.

Thanks!
Arya56227 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,346 Times in 3,030 Posts
I would look for the last time that you can find the 2 knit sts and put them on a double pointed needle. You can knit them with dpns, spare needles or use a crochet hook to bring them up to the current working needles. Now, go back and put in the yo's between the 2 knit sts. There's a video of picking up afterthought yo's on the Free Videos tab at the top of the page under Increases that may help.
And definitely use a lifeline.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
When I forget to do this on a pattern I knit to where it should go, then drop all the sts down to the st above the last yo of the k yo k. It helps to use another needle to assist here and work the inc into that one st, then do the WS purls, and so on. If you have more than 2 rows, you'll have to reknit the sts on them too, putting in the other increase. It may get a little tight.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
Arya56227
Casting On

Geez. -_- I think I have it ripped out far enough now I can just go on without the mistakes. We'll see. I had already munked with the stitches to the point I didn't know what was right and what wasn't.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!
Arya56227 is offline   Reply With Quote