Old 08-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
wellslipmystitches
Knitting the Flap

Sarcasm instead of a laugh.
No body seems to be laughing lately. Maybe you'd like to explode and give an opinion about anything. I'm doing it just because I feel like it.

The most fun I had this week. My favorite indoor sport is giving my opinion. C'mon, you all like to do the same, don't you? Opinions welcome.

People have made some really nasty on line comments about Gabby Giffords as if they know more than anyone else. They have, apparently, never had to overcome a devastating injury. So I honed my sarcastic blade and replied.

I fully realize that her appearance at the debt vote was just more of the disgraceful posturing and pandering we've been subjected to from ALL members and sides of Congress. Rhetoric is easy—solutions are difficult.

"Gabby Giffords is the only congressperson who really worked hard this past several months. I realize she may have only half a brain left. Too bad she's set the bar so high for her colleagues. Hope they can catch up."

Think I'll be on somebody's list for that? That's OK. I'd love to be invited to anything, long as I don't have to shut my mouth and I can still knit.
Jean.
wellslipmystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wellslipmystitches For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (08-25-2011), saracidaltendencies (08-31-2011)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
margz3
Working the Gusset

Personally, I love it!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
TreshaRuthe
1st Leg of the Journey

I love that response as well. Personally I think every incumbent in DC needs to be removed (forcibly if necessary) and replaced with a blue collar, hard-working, honest to God, common man. The position should either be unpaid or paid only the median income of the district they are from.... Sorry, I'm waxing political. I'll shut up now.

ETS: Here's a cute comic that I found on my facebook when I went there after posting this response: http://cdn.front.moveon.org/wp-conte...mic-front.jpeg I'm hoping you guys laugh at this as much as I did.

Last edited by TreshaRuthe : 08-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.
TreshaRuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreshaRuthe For This Useful Post:
saracidaltendencies (08-31-2011), wellslipmystitches (08-18-2011)