Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #1371
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by glowyone View Post
I have a pair of needles left over from when the Rav. Pet Oddballs stopped. Want me to start a blankie, or send them on? Let me know what you want me to do.
Nice! Go ahead and start another snuggle for us. You can give it a name too. Let us know when you are ready for other knitters to sign up for it.

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
If you start a blanket and put me down as the second knitter, you can send me a set (or two) along with it and I can start one (or two).
I DID just start another one! I came across some purple yarn in my stash, and decided to blend it with one of the variegated leftovers I found this week. The first section went very quickly, while I was watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix. Love that show! Anyway, I've named this bright, colorful snuggle "Flower Path".

Flower Path after Shandeh by Shandeh, on Flickr

I will make you the 2nd knitter on that snuggle. Now, we need THREE MORE KNITTERS for the Flower Path snuggle. Just plan on using bright, happy colors for this one. Imagine a pretty flower garden.

Originally Posted by CivicSista View Post
Put me down for whatever you need- I need to destash!
Awesome! I'll make you the last knitter for the Flower Path snuggle. That way, you can knit TWO sections, because you'll be ending that one, and starting up another one.

Now, we just need TWO MORE KNITTERS for the "Flower Path" snuggle.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #1372
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Here is the first section of the Mountain Hike snuggle:

Mountain Hike After Shandeh by Shandeh, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #1373
bugsyblacklab
Ribbing the Cuff

Flower Path
I would love a spot on Flower Path, if no one else takes it--don't want to be a blanket hog, just itching to knit!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #1374
susauehl
1st Leg of the Journey

I would like to be on Flower Path if you still knitters!
The Following User Says Thank You to susauehl For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (08-17-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #1375
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Okay, after looking at our list of knitters, I just realized that 3 of our knitters have not been involved in any of the snuggles yet, so if the rest of you don't mind, I will put all of them on the Flower Path snuggle.

Here's the list of knitters for Flower Path:
Shandeh - done
glowyone
susauehl
calimama
CivicSista

Is this okay that I'm not using you this time, Sakura-Panda and bugsyblacklab?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #1376
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Is this okay that I'm not using you this time, Sakura-Panda and bugsyblacklab?

That's fine with me, Sandy. You could even reassign my spot on "Mountain Hike". (I'm spot #4 on both that one AND Patriotic Pets so I am concerned that I will get them at the same time.)

I signed up mostly because I don't have a blanket right now and didn't want any blanket to be left hanging without enough knitters.

I underestimated our popularity!
The Following User Says Thank You to sakura-panda For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (08-17-2011)
Old 08-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #1377
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Also, I'm wondering how people are doing the ends of the rows? I normally just knit to the end, turn, knit to the end, turn, etc, but I was reading across the board that people have different ways of doing the end stitches.

I've been experimenting with slipping the last stitch purlwise, but I haven't actually finished anything that way and am not sure what I think of it yet.

I don't know that it matters, but I wonder what everyone else does/is doing/will be doing? I would be interested to see if everyone already has the same strategy and I'm the lone one without a plan!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #1378
bugsyblacklab
Ribbing the Cuff

Shandeh, it's fine with me that you are using other knitters on Flower Path. Don't want to leave anyone out of the fun, but don't want any blankets to sit without knitters either.

sakura-panda, and everyone else. I have tried several ways of working the first and last stitches for a neat edge and this is the one I like best. With the yarn in the back, I slip the first stitch in the row as if to knit; then I knit the second-to-last stitch and purl the last stitch in the row. This gives a twist to the edge stitches and makes them a little tighter than the standard "slip the first stitch purlwise with yarn in front and knit the last stitch". (I have never liked that edge because the stitches are too loosy-goosy to me.) On the oddball baby blankets I have worked on, I just do what the previous knitters have done, so as not to confuse anyone.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #1379
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

I always just knit every stitch, from beginning to end, on every row. Looks fine to me. And I like keeping the snuggles easy, so beginners are comfortable joining our project.

Here is a link to a very large photo of a snuggle I just knit. You can see the edge well with that shot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/5964692...130833/sizes/o

I teach several young girls to knit, and they have expressed an interest in knitting snuggles for pets also. It's a quick, easy project, and gives love to animals. You just KNOW kids are gonna want to participate in that!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #1380
CivicSista
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post

Awesome! I'll make you the last knitter for the Flower Path snuggle. That way, you can knit TWO sections, because you'll be ending that one, and starting up another one.
Cool deal! Looking forward to it. I'll have to see if I have an extra needles, and I could start one. What size do you all like to use?
Closed Thread