Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #32
SDK
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs View Post
I put my yarn that I am knitting with in a plastic grocery bag. I loosely tie the two handles together and run the working yarn out of one of the spaces at the side of the bag. This allows the yarn to feed without the skein or ball rolling all over the floor. It also keeps dirt, dust, and pet hair off the yarn. When I've finished my knitting for the day, I untie the bag and put my work along with the needles into the bag to keep it all together. If I'm working on several projects at once, it allows me to put them all into my storage tote without the yarns getting tangled together. The shopping bags are also portable so you can grab and go if you're knitting outside your home.
I have a special simple tote I use for the same purpose. (Actually, I have several, but I have to keep them full and demonstrably 'in use' or the DH complains about clutter. :P ) Awesome excuse to knit when and where ever.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SDK For This Useful Post:
RuthieinMaryland (01-17-2012)