Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
cornelia
Casting On

Loom Knitting Question/Problem
I'm new to this forum and haven't seen any loom knitting discussions. Maybe I missed them, but nevertheless, I need help figuring out why I always get a diagonal ridge on the caps I knit on a round loom. (I just started knitting on looms a couple of months ago, and don't know how to do regular knitting). The caps look great as I'm making them, but then I begin to notice a diagonal pattern that must occur because of which peg I use when I start a new row. That's my theory, but I don't know how to solve it. I always loop counterclockwise, then after pulling the last loop over, I start on the very next peg. I tried backing up one, but still got the diagonal ridge and even worse, got a lump! Does anyone out there know how to loom knit without this problem? I hope I have explained it clearly enough. Thanks for any help anyone out there might give!
cornelia is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

Check out Mikey's loom knitting tutorials. I think he's great at explaining how to do it. I can't remember which video it was, but he explained how to overcome that problem. Sometimes we just learn a technique the wrong way and need to relearn the basics from an expert. I watch Youtube videos all the time and am always learning how to knit better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRc5HfZ77T8

Under the ad box at this site, there's a search box. Type in loom knitting. He has a bunch of videos on how to make different items.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikeyssmail
fatoldladyinpjs is offline   Reply With Quote