Old 10-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Immediate Need for Blankets
Hi everyone!

I just received a request from my local domestic violence shelter. (The Treehouse Children's Advocacy Center)

They need child-size and teen-size blankets for their exam room. Their supply is running low.

Some of you may remember when I donated two of our Oddball Lapghans to that agency.

Our Blankets Have a New Home by Shandeh, on Flickr

Now, those shelves are not so full of blankets and toys.

The toys and blankets are given to children and teens when they have their physical exam after an abusive event. Some of them have never even gone to the doctor before, so they are very anxious. The blanket and toy really helps them relax...and they get to keep both when the exam is over.

If you would like to donate a blanket, lapghan, or throw, please let me know. I am willing to accept squares, and seam them together for this need.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
bugsyblacklab (11-04-2011)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
bugsyblacklab
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Hi everyone!

I just received a request from my local domestic violence shelter. (The Treehouse Children's Advocacy Center)

They need child-size and teen-size blankets for their exam room. Their supply is running low.
Shandeh, I have several crocheted squares that I did over 10 years ago, thinking I would make a sampler blanket. I don't remember how many, but I know where they are and will get them out tomorrow and mail them to you, if you want them. I also have a small crochet blanket--(I was making a baby blanket; I like mine on the big side)--and I ran out of yarn. I can finish the last skein I have and will send that to you, also. I don't know how big it will be--its 38" wide and 27" long right now and I have at least 3/4 of a skein to go. It's white, green, pink, and lavender. I can also remember starting a knit blanket, but that will take some finding--I will look, tho.

If you will PM me your address when you think about it, I will get these things together.
bugsyblacklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Wonderful!
Thank you SO much!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
bugsyblacklab (11-05-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
cheley
Working the Gusset

Wonderful!
Thank you SO much!
Hi.....Not sure how current this post is (I don't get around here as much as I would like)! anyway I too have a box of crochet squares (umm meant for a blanket but I never seamed it) and I would be glad to donate!!! I will watch for your reply

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Antares
Working the Gusset

I have some crocheted squares and a baby blanket to donate, too. If this need is still pressing, please PM me with your address, and I'll send you what I've got!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Is there a deadline?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Hi.....Not sure how current this post is (I don't get around here as much as I would like)! anyway I too have a box of crochet squares (umm meant for a blanket but I never seamed it) and I would be glad to donate!!! I will watch for your reply
Excellent! Thanks so much, Cheley.
I will send you a PM with my address. I would LOVE to use your crochet squares for a blanket for the children.

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
I have some crocheted squares and a baby blanket to donate, too. If this need is still pressing, please PM me with your address, and I'll send you what I've got!
Wonderful, Antares!
I will send my address to you right away. My contact at the domestic violence center will be so happy!

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Is there a deadline?
Hi Jan!
No deadline. They always need blankets. The center is located just a few miles from my house, so I will gladly seam together blankets and deliver them. I will stop delivering blankets when they tell me they have enough. I could send extra blankets to other charities I knit for (Pine Ridge Reservation and Yurok Tribe).
Old 11-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
cheley
Working the Gusset

Excellent! Thanks so much, Cheley.
I will send you a PM with my address. I would LOVE to use your crochet squares for a blanket for the children.

Wonderful, Antares!
I will send my address to you right away. My contact at the domestic violence center will be so happy!

Hi Jan!
No deadline. They always need blankets. The center is located just a few miles from my house, so I will gladly seam together blankets and deliver them. I will stop delivering blankets when they tell me they have enough. I could send extra blankets to other charities I knit for (Pine Ridge Reservation and Yurok Tribe).
Hi Shandeh, packaged on on their way...Take good care of my babies!!!!! Hope they work for you, they are from awhile ago when I first taught myself to crochet!!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Hi Shandeh, packaged on on their way...Take good care of my babies!!!!! Hope they work for you, they are from awhile ago when I first taught myself to crochet!!!!
Sweet! I will be very careful with those precious squares.

Thank you so much, my friend.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
cheley
Working the Gusset

Sweet! I will be very careful with those precious squares.

Thank you so much, my friend.
Sent yesterday from PO...please post a pic when you are done....