Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
countrymama
Ribbing the Cuff

My moss stitch is a mess. Please help!
I'm a self-taught knitter who's been doing this for about a week. I've gotten good at the long-tail cast on, the knit stitch and the purl stitch. I can do the knit and purl stitch row after row on their own perfectly (a row of knit or a row or purl repeatedly)The trouble comes when I try to alternate knit and purl stitches to make the moss stitch. All I end up with is a row of mess! I can see some stitches but nothing that looks like a pattern and it's condensed so that I can't see individual rows. I've tried going slowly and watched videos over and over again with not change. I know it's just something small that I'm doing wrong but I have no idea what. Is there any way you can help me? Would it help if I took pictures?
countrymama is offline   Reply With Quote