Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
stmcguire
Casting On

Mary Maxim Cabled Tweed Jacket HELP!!!!!
I recently started to knit the Cabled Tweed Jacket found in the pattern booklet "Classic Comfort" 8 Exclusive Sweater Designs to Knit and have come to a road block.

On page 37, the directions for Shaping the Shawl Collar are difficult to understand and I do not know how to proceed. As I read the directions it seems that there is an inc and a dec in the same row on the same stitch about 1/3 of the time. "Keeping patterns correct, dec one st at neck edge on every 6th row following 8 times more AND AT THE SAME TIME, inc one st at the neck edge on every 4th row...."
Another question - does the neck edge mean the stitch between the cable pattern and the moss st. or at the very end of the moss st.?
And another - is there a chart for this pattern

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,499 Times in 3,174 Posts
The directions for inc and dec likely have a mistake. I'd guess that you increase at the very neck edge for the shawl collar and decrease in another spot near the edge to shape the front. Can you post a picture of the pattern or give us the pattern number? I couldn't find anything online.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
You can also check the publisher's web site for any errata that may be listed for that book.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote