Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
dclifford3
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to dclifford3
How to leave a larger hole in a work for an arm hole?
I'm trying to knit a sweater for my dog, and I've found a pattern that I think will work, but I'm having some difficulties. All the patterns I've found have been for smaller dogs, but my dog is about 80 pounds, so I'll need to size them up. The pattern I've found seems like it will increase pretty easily, I'm just concerned about the arm holes. The author suggests a one row button hole approach, but since my dog's paws are so big, I would have to leave a very wide hole and it would be difficult to get his paws in and out of the sweater. Is there a way that I can leave a hole that is larger but also is a hole for a few rows so that the hole will be open and it will be easier to get on and off my pup. A link to the pattern is below, thanks for any suggestions! I'm also open to suggestions of other dog sweater patterns for larger dogs, I'm not very advanced though.

http://www.moonarts.com/blog/free_pa...ater-print.htm

Thanks again!!