Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
Antares
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I'm just thinking you don't need to stick to Red Heart Super Saver. Even washed that stuff is not that soft. It hurts my hands to knit with it.
Jan, several years ago I made a camera case out of Red Heart Super Saver and have been using it frequently. The other day I was surprised to find that the case is now very very soft.

However, I have to agree with you: in general, that stuff is scratchy, and since wearing it out like I did doesn't work for most projects, I would only use it for rugs or other non-clothes items!!

I use a lot of Caron Simply Soft for baby blankets and such. One friend with three kids (and, subsequently, three baby blankets from me) swears by that yarn as she has machine washed and dried the blankets gazillions of times, and they always come out looking brand new! Caron has lots of interesting colors, too!

I'm very interested in buying my next yarn from elann! Thanks, Ingrid, for the link to the other online yarn store. Does anyone know of any others besides what's already listed in this thread?
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote