Old 01-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #411
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
I just love hearing what everyone is up to! Emily, you don't have a lack of direction....You have OPTIONS! (And not the KP kind, either!)

Okay, here's what I've been generously given in needles:
Fixed:
Size: Length:
7: 32"
8: 24"
9:32"
10: 24"
10.5: 16"
10.75: 32"
17: 16"

I was also given some KP Options (my faves!) in sizes 6, 7 9 & 11 and 32" cables and some lovely stitch markers and blocking pins. I can't believe how generous people have been. From losing every item of knitting gear I own except my ball winder and a yarn needle, to having all this....I feel blessed! Besides needles, I still need a needle gauge and retractable tape measure.

Please don't feel obligated to give stuff unless you're cleaning out and want to get rid of it! I only knit with circulars, but if you have straights you want to get rid of, I'll donate anything I don't use to my church's charity knitting program....Did I tell you we started one about a year ago? We make chemo caps, prayer shawls, etc..... I've taught dozens of people to knit and it's been a lot of fun! (I don't get much knitting done, but I feel like by teaching others, more knitting happens!)

My address is Gina Johnson; 3947 Field Crossing Ln; Sugar Land, TX 77498.

Can't wait to hear from more of you! Give a quick update if you have a minute!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #412
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Gina - Congrats to your DS and his bride. Did your husband slip or did he subconsciously want some time off? What needles are you still missing, DPs or circular, length etc.?

As for me I retired on August 31, the Federal Government was paying people to leave and were giving about 10 days for people to make the decision. I made the decision in 10 minutes, most of the time waiting for the printer to print the fine print for reading. It took about 8 days to get the paper work completed and I haven't looked back since. Money is going to be tight but the relaxation is worth it.

I have started a number of knitting projects but have frogged most. Right now I am trying to learn to double knit Portuguese style.

I am also trying to improve my sewing skills. Being 6' 1" and 287 pounds it is hard to get clothes that fit. This is especially in kilt related clothes. I am trying to learn to make some of my own.

Tonight DSWMBO&A and I made a tailors dummy, at least while making it she kept saying "OK dummy move this way." Now I have to learn how to use it to modify patterns to fit me.

I hope you all have a good 2012.
Happy New Year to you all:

OK so here goes. I am nicely recovered from my cancer surgery, not even a huge scaqr to deal with. I am volunteering in two groups, teaching knitting. One group is for newcomers to Canada, teaching them knitting as well as English as a second language; the other is a group for mentally challenged people, or people with mental health issues. It keeps me busy and I am enjoying it.

However, I will have to take a break from my volunteering for a month or two. Hubby got diagnosed with prostate cancer and is having the operation on January 20th, which will hopefully remove all the cancer. Please pray for him and for us!

I am knitting an afghan right now, in strips 5" wide and 36" long (and am carting it around in a new knitting bag hubby got me for Valentines Day and let me have now because we won't be able to go out that day as it's too close after his surgery). When I am finished knitting them I will enlist the help of a friend and sew it all together, and then line the back with polar fleece. I also have a pair of socks OTN.

I wish each and every one of you a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #413
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Happy 2012
Hi everyone,

HAPPY 2012 TO ALL

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Jackie Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #414
bbooky
Casting On

PDF books
BookGrill = free technology books
goo gl/tw9xB

Books in PDF format
bbooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #415
G J
Instepping Out

Pray for the Murphy family this week. I know Christine's DH is having surgery. They're both nervous.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (01-25-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #416
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Pray for the Murphy family this week. I know Christine's DH is having surgery. They're both nervous.
Thanks so much Gina. Hubby is home now, and although he had a reaction to the anesthetic, he is doing fine now, other than constipation from the pain pills. We have to wait until January 31st to get the results back and know if all the cancer is gone, but we are hopeful that he is free of cancer. Keep up the prayers for now please!

Hugs,
Christine

Old 01-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #417
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Thanks so much Gina. Hubby is home now, and although he had a reaction to the anesthetic, he is doing fine now, other than constipation from the pain pills. We have to wait until January 31st to get the results back and know if all the cancer is gone, but we are hopeful that he is free of cancer. Keep up the prayers for now please!

Hugs,
Christine
Glad he is home, hope everything is ok with the results.

xxx

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (01-25-2012)
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #418
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by rachejm View Post
Glad he is home, hope everything is ok with the results.

xxx
Thanks so much Rache. We can't wait for Tuesday to be over with. There is nothing to fear but fear itself right now. It will be nice to have it all over with. : )

Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #419
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Thanks so much Rache. We can't wait for Tuesday to be over with. There is nothing to fear but fear itself right now. It will be nice to have it all over with. : )
So, they found cancer in the neck of the bladder once the prostate was removed. They are hoping that the cauterizing they did when removing the prostate will kill the cancer. We will know that on March 12th. He is supposed to go back to work on March 20th. It was supposed to be March 5th but he is not ready for that yet. Thanks again for the support!

Old 03-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #420
G J
Instepping Out

Prayers are with you and Frank, Christine!