Old 01-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #31
offgridgirl
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by heatherm36 View Post
I have had my Nook for like 3 years now, and I love it. Admittedly right now I don't read as much on it, but that's because I have been going to the library more. But on B&N.com you can get free nook books on there, i've found quite a few that are really good for free.
Ditto....I love it and can read it in full sun or shade!! I can lead or borrow books. I did get a tablet,Xoom from Motorola for xmas and love that!! Especially for my KNITTING magazine!! Angry birds are time well wasted!! ;p

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #32
susianna
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm considering getting a Kindle, but I don't really know much about it. (Technology impaired).
Okay, when you buy a book, is it yours forever? And, do pictures show up? And, most importantly, can I buy knitting books? (And here, pictures are paramount). Thanks for any info.
susianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
Originally Posted by susianna View Post
I'm considering getting a Kindle, but I don't really know much about it. (Technology impaired).
Okay, when you buy a book, is it yours forever? And, do pictures show up? And, most importantly, can I buy knitting books? (And here, pictures are paramount). Thanks for any info.
Yes, if you buy a book it is yours forever. You can keep it in your Kindle or you can delete it, but you can get it again if you want. You can see them and move them to different Kindles or manage them on Amazon on your computer.

The Kindle Fire is the only one where you can actually see pictures in color like you want for a knitting book. The Fire is kind of a baby iPad type device. It doesn't do or have all the same things iPad has, but it's often enough for some people.

The original Kindle e-readers are in black and white are are intended for reading books like novels for the most part. They sometimes show illustrations or drawings, but not in color. So if that is important to you then you might want to consider the Kindle Fire.

There are pros and cons to both types. The e-reader is wonderful in bright light, but you can't see it in the dark unless you have a good lamp or added light. I have a book cover with a built in light. The Kindle Fire is great in the dark, but might be hard to read at the beach.

So check out Amazon, too. They've got lots of info.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
susianna (03-05-2012)