Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
ZoeS
1st Leg of the Journey

Yeah, I've tried doing the magic loop thing. But I feel like I'm going to break my circs when I try. I shall persevere... or try the two-circ method. I am determined to never use straights or DPNs if I can avoid it!
ZoeS is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Your circs may be too short or stiff, try the single/travelling loop instead. Basically just spread the sts along the cord from the left needle tip, and loop only the R needle. When you knit around to a few sts away from the loop, pull the needle and loop the R tip again.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
OffJumpsJack
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Yes, you missed it, but we were somehow able to present a coherent answer even without your valuable input.

By the way, I've discovered that while I love crochet charts, I really dislike knitting charts--I guess because the knitting charts don't say anything visually to me!

Anywhoo, thanks for your input, and welcome back (as I haven't seen you on here lately).
No, I put down my knitting just to find I wasn't needed.

Yep, knitting charts look a bit better if you use V and = for the knit and purl (a better graphical representation), but those don't fit for lace or cables.

I find using two circulars much easier than a set of double pointed! There were just too many point to stick myself with! I do use the ML method if I have a long enough cord on my circular needles, but I find using two easier (so long as I can keep the end coordinated. I when I grab the wrong tip when moving to the next circular only to find out I've twisted one needle and gotten both ends working the same way.

But slipping stitches between needles is relatively painless if the cord is thin enough.

How is the flower doily coming along?

as Off-Jumps-Jack

OTN another Black & gold Diagonal Square Potholder
OTH Baby blanket
OTH Lace doily - A vintage pattern recreating from an heirloom.

Last edited by OffJumpsJack : 03-08-2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: adj. word choice
OffJumpsJack is offline   Reply With Quote