Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
shiningdown
Casting On

Starting a charity knitting group
Hi! After 4 years of crocheting, I well... sort of gave up and took on knitting a couple of weeks ago. As I was wondering what I would possibly knit after I had made things for my family and friends... and then I thought of charity knitting!

I have a couple of friends that crochet or knit, and I thought we could start a group, though I haven't asked them yet. If we started now, who knows how much we might have by winter time.

And so I was wondering, where do you charity-knitters donate to? I don't want to have to knit anything too elaborate. I've honestly never understood patterns, and all I can knit is blankets and scarves, but I'm sure I could easily learn to knit hats.

Also, if I have to ship them somewhere, wouldn't that get quite expensive? If it helps, I live around Denver, Co. Thanks!

"A true friend knows everything about you.... and still love you anyways."

的mperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
shiningdown is offline   Reply With Quote