Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Uh yeah.... I'm IN Laguna Hills!

I meet at the Yarn Lady every Friday at about 5pm. Technically social knitting is from 6-8, but some of us get there early. I don't know if you know yet, but the store was moved last July and has a new owner. Here's the website and address. I will definitely be there tomorrow (11/6). My name is Jan Lewis.
http://www.yarnlady.com/contact.html

If this doesn't work for you PM me and maybe we can arrange another time to meet. I'm leaving next Tuesday for a week to visit my daughter in Wash DC, but normally I'm home a lot and would love to meet you.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Last edited by Jan in CA : 11-06-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #42
aqueous18
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm new to the forum, but I live in Rancho Santa Margarita. Trying to get together with some more experienced knitters!
aqueous18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #43
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by aqueous18 View Post
I'm new to the forum, but I live in Rancho Santa Margarita. Trying to get together with some more experienced knitters!
Welcome, aqueous! See my post above yours for info on our social knitting at the Yarn Lady in Laguna Hills.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #44
aqueous18
Ribbing the Cuff

I hope I can make it one of these times. I work until 9 every Friday :(
aqueous18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #45
Feef
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm not in O.C. but I'm not far from there. I'm in Alta Loma -- just moved home 3 months ago after being gone from southern CA for 13 years.

Feef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #46
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Feef View Post
I'm not in O.C. but I'm not far from there. I'm in Alta Loma -- just moved home 3 months ago after being gone from southern CA for 13 years.

You need to fix your profile then! Alta Loma is really pretty far from me, I'm in south Orange County. There's probably an LYS near you and maybe they have a social knitting group!

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 06-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #47
Feef
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
You need to fix your profile then! Alta Loma is really pretty far from me, I'm in south Orange County. There's probably an LYS near you and maybe they have a social knitting group!
LOL thanks for the reminder...done!

Feef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #48
nicole24252
Casting On

New to knitting and in So. OC if you ever meet up
Hi, Just started to learn 2 days ago and was shown the english way but like the look of the videos here, for the continental way. Easier said than done and wondering if that way is just hard for right handed people or not. I'm in L. Niguel and see there might be a few of us in this area. PM if you'd like to get together.
?? Does the Yarn Lady charge to join the social knitting stuff? The only time I've been there since it opened was when I was crocheting a project. While a very nice store it's not really set up for crocheters in terms of books or patterns but the yarn was devine!
So anyway, if this is still a looked at thread, let me know.
Thx, Nicole
nicole24252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #49
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by nicole24252 View Post
?? Does the Yarn Lady charge to join the social knitting stuff? The only time I've been there since it opened was when I was crocheting a project. While a very nice store it's not really set up for crocheters in terms of books or patterns but the yarn was devine!
No, no charge at all for social knitting! I'm there every Friday!! Last Friday we had a big crowd..maybe 12 or more people. It's from 6-8 (sometimes 9 although the store closes and door locked at 8) I'm usually there at about 5:30 or so.

There's both beginners and experienced knitters there and we can help with simple problems. If it's more than a simple question I suggest you take a class though. Those do cost money, but are so worth it!

As for technique... you'll hear people say continental is better and faster, but it's not. It's just different and while it's useful for things like fair isle it's not something you must know. The technique you should use is the one that works for you. I can knit both ways, but 99% of the time I use the english method, too.

Oh and while the majority are knitters there are crocheters at social knitting and the store owner, Ginger and a few of the other employees crochet a lot. They sometimes have crochet project classes, too. Check the website and you can see the basic classes.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Last edited by Jan in CA : 04-02-2012 at 12:31 AM.