Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Ribbing the Cuff
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
knitted hat help
I want to knit a pattern that calls for the first 16 rows to be knitted in the round and then an increase round, a regular knit round, then what is called a "Hem Rnd", which is purled. My question is this: when I am knitting from the bottom up, and have completed 18 rounds, how is the next round a "Hem Rnd" and why is it purled? Also, the crown is done from a chart which is repeated all the way around, starting from the center of the chart going from left to right. On the right hand edge of the chart there is what is called "Center stitch for double decreases". What does this mean? Is this the center or starting point instead of the middle of the chart? What is a double decrease? The pattern only indicates k2tog. Is this a double decrease? Some rounds call for "sl 1, K2tog, psso". Is this what is called a double decrease? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Marie743 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Knitted cast off to match a knitted cast on? Daylilydayzed How-to Questions 11 04-01-2012 12:40 AM
How to 1. bind-off, 2. 2. sew up 3. weave on flat knitted hat. 4. How to sew on "knitted by" patch? Rebecca419 How-to Questions 2 12-16-2010 05:44 PM
Knitted Tie rwd1105 Pattern Central 1 12-28-2009 01:09 AM
First Knitted Hat cheezelkat What'cha Knittin'? 6 05-24-2007 03:46 PM
can knitted pieces be "knitted" together? Glenda How-to Questions 6 05-05-2005 09:46 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.