Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
FO: Macao Twinset
I needed a lightweight sweater set for summer. My yarn (Bamboucle) has been sitting in my yarn cupboard forever. It's a bamboo-cotton-linen blend. Boucles are usually difficult to knit with, but this blend was really nice. It sure blocked up nice! Very crisp.

It's 80 degrees today...I'm a hot mess...a wreck...and too hot to model the sweater set...but I will as soon as the clouds and cool weather return. In the Pacific Northwest, that could be tomorrow!

BTW...the pattern called for long sleeves, (click for a quick view) with routine 2x2 ribbed cuffs, with the chain cable running up the outside of the sleeve from cuff to shoulder. Old school.

So I shortened the sleeves to 3/4...and developed a 'chain cable' cuff that is hemmed for a nice finish. I knit the cuff flat, worked a 3-needle bindoff...then picked up stitches at one edge and knit the sleeve in the round from there. Plain st st.

As I was hemming the top edge, I laid the elastic in. No need to "thread the elastic" with a bodkin later. I won't need i-cord straps. This little cami-tank will be worn with the jacket, never alone. The elastic keeps it snugly in place.

I developed the cami-tank same as for the cuff, except that I'm knitting down to the 2x2 hemmed finish. Plain st st, in the round.

When worn, the jacket's slight 'swing coat' shaping isn't as pronounced. I love the easy shape of this jacket. The rolled lapel is very casual and comfie. The slight 'swing coat' shaping was my own modification. The pattern called for the jacket to go straight up the sides.

My Rav Notes

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote