Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
About DISHIE cotton....
Happy to say...this cotton (DISHIE from Knitpicks.com) doesn't seem to fade! These dishcloths have come out of the washer/dryer numerous times, and they look like new!

Plus, one plain red DISHIE has also passed the test!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Jaxhil (07-17-2012)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
deann
Knitting the Flap

LOVE
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Happy to say...this cotton (DISHIE from Knitpicks.com) doesn't seem to fade! These dishcloths have come out of the washer/dryer numerous times, and they look like new!

Plus, one plain red DISHIE has also passed the test!
I LOVE THESE....can you share the pattern???

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 07-07-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: removed the duplicate photos
deann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by deann View Post
Yes, it's a free pattern. Link below:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/ballban...sh%20cloth.txt

Pattern says cast on 45st. I only cast on 39st, which is one repeat narrower. (45st wide is too big for my taste.)...then I just knit til the dishcloth looks square to me.

Artlady at Rav
deann (06-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
deann
Knitting the Flap

I cant wait to start this. I just need to practice switching colors, I have never done that before Thanks so much for the pattern!
The Following User Says Thank You to deann For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (06-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

I cant wait to start this. I just need to practice switching colors, I have never done that before Thanks so much for the pattern!
I just carry the resting yarn up the side. No cutting til the very last row.
(carry the yarn snugly)

Artlady at Rav
Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
deann
Knitting the Flap

question
Happy to say...this cotton (DISHIE from Knitpicks.com) doesn't seem to fade! These dishcloths have come out of the washer/dryer numerous times, and they look like new! Plus, one plain red DISHIE has also passed the test!
Hello again, okay, what is the best way to change colors on this pattern? This is pretty intricate, well for me anyway, lol. Please let me know how you do it. Thank you!!

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 07-07-2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: removed duplicate photos
Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

[quote=deann;1351509]Hello again, okay, what is the best way to change colors on this pattern? Please let me know how you do it.[/QUOTE

As an example....if your Dishie ballband dishcloth is going to be PRIMARILY white with green accent....here's what you do:

Cast on 39st with green. Knit 1 row, purl the next row. (these are Rows 1 & 2 of the repeat)

Now it's time to literally attach the white yarn: simply tie it to the green yarn dangling there (the green yarn hanging there is called 'the working yarn' and is coming out of the green skein).

To begin Row 3 (the Right Side is facing you), simply begin knitting with the white yarn. Do not cut the green yarn. Just let her dangle there along the right edge until you need her again for Rows 7 & 8.

When you need green for Row 7, just drop the white, pick up green and knit with her (don't cut the white, just let her dangle until you need her again for Rows 9-12. )

True, when you last used green it was left at the end of Row 2, and here we are at Row 7....but no matter, just pull her up the side and start using her. Make sure to snug her up good.... and be sure to snug her and the white together like BFF's for that first stitch.

Be careful to keep the right side edge (where the yarns are being carried up and along) as tidy as possible.

My first Dishie ballband dishcloth had a bit of a messy right side edge, so I crocheted a sc border on both the right & left side edges. I didn't like that look very much, so on my next Dishie ballband dishcloth I was more careful about snuggling my green and white yarn together at the switcheroo rows 3 & 7.

You don't cut white free until you're entirely done with her on your last Row 12. Then continue with green for the final 2 rows of the dishcloth, which ends with repeating just Rows 1 & 2 with green.

Then bind off with green, and cut her loose from the skein and weave in the tail.

Artlady at Rav

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 07-07-2012 at 12:54 AM.
dturner (07-04-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
lgoddard
Knitting the Flap

Happy to say...this cotton (DISHIE from Knitpicks.com) doesn't seem to fade! These dishcloths have come out of the washer/dryer numerous times, and they look like new! Plus, one plain red DISHIE has also passed the test!
Thanks for the update on how these have held up. I saw in Knitpicks Dishie is on sale and some colors on on clearance. Time to get some!

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 07-07-2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: to remove duplicate photos
lgoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #9
deann
Knitting the Flap

[quote=ArtLady1981;1351513]
Hello again, okay, what is the best way to change colors on this pattern? This is pretty intricate, well for me anyway, lol. Please let me know how you do it. Thank you!![/QUOTE

As an example....if your Dishie ballband dishcloth is going to be PRIMARILY white with green accent....here's what you do:

Cast on 39st with green. Knit 1 row, purl the next row. (these are Rows 1 & 2 of the repeat)

Now it's time to literally attach the white yarn: simply tie it to the green yarn dangling there (the green yarn hanging there is called 'the working yarn' and is coming out of the green skein).

To begin Row 3, the Right Side is facing you), simply begin knitting with the white yarn. Do not cut the green yarn. Just let her dangle there along the right edge until you need her again for Rows 7 & 8.

When you need green for Row 7, just drop the white, pick up green and knit with her (don't cut the white, just let her dangle until you need her again for Rows 9-12. )

True, when you last used green it was left at the end of Row 2, and here we are at Row 7....but no matter, just pull her up the side and start using her. Make sure to snug her up good.... and be sure to snug her and the white together like BFF's for that first stitch.

Be careful to keep the right side edge (where the yarns are being carried up and along) as tidy as possible.

My first Dishie ballband dishcloth had a bit of a messy right side edge, so I crocheted a sc border on both the right & left side edges. I didn't like that look very much, so on my next Dishie ballband dishcloth I was more careful about snuggling my green and white yarn together at the switcheroo rows 3 & 7.

You don't cut white free until you're entirely done with her on your last Row 12. Then continue with green for the final 2 rows of the dishcloth, which ends with repeating just Rows 1 & 2 with green.

Then bind off with green, and cut her loose from the skein and weave in the tail.
Oh my gosh!!! You are awesome! I cannot believe you took the time to type this all down for me. Thank you so very much!!! You made my day.
The Following User Says Thank You to deann For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
deann
Knitting the Flap

Simplified
Originally Posted by lgoddard View Post
Thanks for the update on how these have held up. I saw in Knitpicks Dishie is on sale and some colors on on clearance. Time to get some!
I just sat down to knit this dishie. And so read your simplified instructions. That makes it so much more understandable for me. I do thank you. There are 3 things:

1) It seems my right side corner is always in a cornor not a straight nice edge like the left side. So I am glad you mentioned it, I thought that's just how it had to be :--)))

2) That is awesome I can leave the yarn dangling.

3) I love the way you call the yarn HER !!! Bout time we women get some recognition other than names of cars!!!