Old 01-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
FriskyFilly
Casting On

Good evening Emerald,

Yes, i fully understand Bond will not take punch cards...I was hoping the patterns for punch card machines can be easily adapted for our Bonds...
- I keep seeing pattern books for Brother and punch card machines...I hoped i could use those patterns on my Bond...
- That is why i asked about the cards...

Thankyou for the termanology "KEYS"...
- Fact is book sites and auctions don't elaborate on details, hard deciphering if their books will work for the Bonds...

OOPs, type is larger in spots...Sorry, not sure if i can paste in here to correct it...

I look forward to getting your hat pattern...
Christie

FriskyFilly is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
Emeraldcutie
Knitting the Flap

Hi Christie.

Sorry about the mis-interpretation.
The puch cards cannot be incorperated or adjusted.
What my punch cards did was feed into a little attached to my singer, then when you knit the machine would knit the corresponding (hole on the punch card with the alternate colour). My machine could knit up to 4 colours per row.
I would look for bond, ism,usm or bulky when searching ebay. There is also a few online stores to buy books. There was never alot made for it, and most was made in the 80's. I usually search the internet for it. I know there is somewhere that generates sweaters by putting in the keyplate # and guage.
I'll have to see if I can find it.

Emeraldcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #13
FriskyFilly
Casting On

Patterns - Sites
Hello again Emerald,

I've noted the added key words for Bond stuff...

Yes, when you find that site, let me know...I keep sites in a fat book by the way, always handy...(A-Z or by topic in mine)...

80's, has not changed since i owned my Bond Classic, what a shame....(shaking head)...
- Our best bet then are the computer programs i guess...
OR
- By schematics, which i understand...
OR
- By improvising by combining things for the creation...

Thanks again,
Christie
FriskyFilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
Ragdog
Casting On

EmeraldCutie, you have so many good tips for the Bond machine. I just got mine last week and have spent most of my time looking for help and patterns for "The Beast" :] Your tip about how to tell if a pattern was for a Bond or not (KP vs Tension) was very helpful. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I've been looking for a baby hat pattern with earflaps, like you mentioned. Any chance you or anyone else point me to it?
Cheers, Morgan_
Ragdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,373 Times in 3,056 Posts
This is a link to some patterns for the Bond including perhaps the kind of baby hat you're interested in. Since this is such an old thread, it's not so likely that you'll get a response from the original posters but you might try a pm or a machine knitting group of Ravelry.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
Ragdog
Casting On

Salmonmac_ Thanks so much for your reply. I've bookmarked that link so i can go thru the patterns. :>
Ragdog is offline   Reply With Quote