Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
sissyv
1st Leg of the Journey

New Foundation
I'm starting a foundation for kids with disabilities. It seems that there are a lot of organizations out there that do that- but we are different!
I have a facebook page for the foundation. Its called Courtland's Hope. Courtland is my son's name- he has a rare form of cerebral palsy. This foundation is not just for kids with cp but for children who dont have a diagnosis. My son did not have a diagnosis for a long time and it was hard to get help.
The purpose of Courtland's Hope is to help families by paying for expensive medical equipment and/or bicycles. (A bicycle for a disabled child can cost up to $2000.00) This is just the beginning of the things we are doing. Eventually, we will have a centre and have family with family mentoring, and family/marriage counselling available too. We believe inn keeping families strong and together through difficult times. My husband is working on building us a website and we are still in process, but hoping to recieve our charitable status in Canada by the end of 2012.
This endeavor is close to my heart and I just wanted to share. I hope you will come visit our facebook page. God bless you all!
SIS
sissyv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sissyv For This Useful Post:
insanenewknitter (05-29-2012)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
insanenewknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

I'll certainly be praying for your charity work; please post a link when you get your website up and running!

God Bless!
insanenewknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
sissyv
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by insanenewknitter View Post
I'll certainly be praying for your charity work; please post a link when you get your website up and running!

God Bless!
Please find us at www.courtlandshope.org
Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
sissyv
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by sissyv View Post
Please find us at www.courtlandshope.org
Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!
Just got our business cards today -they are so awesome! I'm also thinking that I'll call the government to bug them about getting our charitable status right away. I think they'll move on this faster if I pester them a bit!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
sissyv
1st Leg of the Journey

foundation
Originally Posted by insanenewknitter View Post

God Bless!
www.courtlandshope.org
Just wanted to give you all an update. We held the first fundraiser for Courtland's Hope on Saturday July 28. It was a hotdog/ pop sale. (Those of you who dont know, pop is soda!) The fundraiser was to purchase a bicycle for a child in our community who also has cerebral palsy. Just under 1000 was raised and we were able to get the bike for him! We have a really generous town and we are so glad we could help.
Never think that you cant make a difference in the world- YOU CAN!
I have put in a link to our webpage and you can also find us on Facebook at Courtland's Hope Foundation. Thanks
and Thank you for your prayers and God bless each of you !
SIS
Old 08-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
insanenewknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Yay, that is so exciting! Don't have access to Facebook, but have been thinking of you and your endeavours. You're a really wonderful person to think so much of others.