Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
janae1987
Ribbing the Cuff

FIRST SOCK!!!!
I just started my first sock last night! I'm so so so excited! I'm using Silver's Sock tutorial. I've been wanting to try socks for what seems like forever but am finally doing it!

I currently have FIVE baby blankets that need to be completely by November 1st...i must be crazy! So i'm not sure how quickly i will make progress on my lone sock!

I got some Paton's Stretch Socks yarn at hobby lobby last night for 40% off! Of course it was in the sale bin and they only had one in that color! But my thinking is that I will at least be able to get one sock out if it for the practice and then when i'm ready to make a pair i will invest in some more sock yarn!

Do any of you have any tips or tricks? or a favorite sock yarn? I'm using 4 dpn's...i may be in the minority but i LOVE working them!

TIA!

knitchick87 on Ravelry! add me to your friends!

Happily Married since 10/05/13!!
janae1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
dturner
Turning the Heel

That's great! I like working with dpns, too, although now that I've learned Magic Loop, I really prefer it to dpns. IMO, it's a good idea to learn dpns first, as I find that there are occasionally times when I need to use them.
dturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
LoveBugAngel
Knitting the Flap

I did my first pair of socks earlier this year. I thought they were really hard to do lol I had a lot of issues. I've only ever tried the pattern I used, they were very simple nothing complex. My issue was transferring stitches. I also used dpn's. All I can say is good luck and use this place as much as u need for help. Ppl here are so patient and helpful.

My Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/people/AngelLoveBug
LoveBugAngel is offline   Reply With Quote