Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #1781
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KristinMei View Post
I'm new here, but I'd love to get involved if possible. I have some purple acrylic and would gladly contribute to the Puppy Purplepalooza blanket if you still need knitters.
Welcome! We're glad to have you!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #1782
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

To the group: sorry I haven't been around. My dad passed away last Wednesday (Aug 15) and I've been either too busy or just plain out of energy to catch up with all I should be doing.

I'll try to come back over the weekend put out updated lists. I see Puppy Purplepalooza is moving along nicely, but I haven't seen any chatter for Horsing Around in a while. Moonbunny, do you still have it?

I don't think there are any other in progress blankets.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #1783
susauehl
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
To the group: sorry I haven't been around. My dad passed away last Wednesday (Aug 15) and I've been either too busy or just plain out of energy to catch up with all I should be doing.

I'll try to come back over the weekend put out updated lists. I see Puppy Purplepalooza is moving along nicely, but I haven't seen any chatter for Horsing Around in a while. Moonbunny, do you still have it?

Dear Katie,

So sorry to hear about you Dad. It is so hard to lose a loved one, but you know he is not hurting anymore. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Regards,
Susan
The Following User Says Thank You to susauehl For This Useful Post:
sakura-panda (08-27-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #1784
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
I'm so sorry. My MIL died in November and my dad passed away in January so I know how hard it is and how mentally exhausting.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
sakura-panda (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #1785
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Thank you for all the kind words. It's difficult, but we are adjusting.

I'm going to add Kristin to Puppy Purplepalooza:

Puppy Purplepalooza (shades of purple)
1. Moonbunny
2. Susan/susauehl
3. ZoseyPosey
4. KristinMei
The Following User Says Thank You to sakura-panda For This Useful Post:
susauehl (08-27-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #1786
ZoseyPosey
Ribbing the Cuff

A tongue twister!

Popped Puppy Purplepalooza in the post!

Kristin - It should be their on Tuesday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZoseyPosey For This Useful Post:
KristinMei (09-05-2012), Moonbunny (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #1787
Moonbunny
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. It is hard not to have your parents to call or visit. I try to tell my daughter stories about her grandparents when she was little and when I was little.

I do still have Horsin' Around. I finished my section and my daughter is working on the last section. As soon as she's done, I'll start a new blanket with the needles. I was thinking of something like Colorful Calico Kitty with whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonbunny For This Useful Post:
sakura-panda (09-06-2012), susauehl (09-05-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #1788
KristinMei
Ribbing the Cuff

Puppy Purple Palooza arrived yesterday! It looks beautiful.

Thanks ZoseyPosey! I can't wait to get started!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1789
KristinMei
Ribbing the Cuff

I've started knitting on Puppy Purple Palooza! I have a million things to do today, but I was just so excited I've got an inch done already.

I do have a few newbie questions...since there is no knitter signed up for the last section, should I just hold on to it till someone signs up? Or should I knit another section if no one jumps on before I'm done?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1790
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Moonbunny View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. It is hard not to have your parents to call or visit. I try to tell my daughter stories about her grandparents when she was little and when I was little.

I do still have Horsin' Around. I finished my section and my daughter is working on the last section. As soon as she's done, I'll start a new blanket with the needles. I was thinking of something like Colorful Calico Kitty with whites, browns, tans, blacks and all calico colors.

Thank you. I'm going to put together a scrapbook of the photos that I have of my dad -- it seems fitting since I did one for him when his dog passed away. I never saw him look at it, but I have seen pictures of him showing it to his brother when they (my parents) drove out (11 hours) to visit my dad's family (in Wisconsin).

Thanks for the update! Calico Kitty sounds fun and please post a photo of Horsin' Around when it is finished.

Originally Posted by KristinMei View Post
I've started knitting on Puppy Purple Palooza! I have a million things to do today, but I was just so excited I've got an inch done already.

I do have a few newbie questions...since there is no knitter signed up for the last section, should I just hold on to it till someone signs up? Or should I knit another section if no one jumps on before I'm done?
That's up to you.

You can keep it, finish it off, donate it, and start a new one -- or you can send it to me. I would be happy to finish it off and my shelter is extremely grateful for the donations. (I keep forgetting to post the thank you card they sent me after the last one!)
Closed Thread