Old 09-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
Woodi
Turning the Heel

Great suggestions, all!

I no longer have it to show you, but I once made myself a needlecase by folding up a piece of felt fabric to make a pocket, and sewing lines in the pocket right through the background fabric, to hold various needles. Then I bent the top down to cover needles, and sewed snaps to hold the top in place. I hope to make another soon. Can you picture it?
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodi For This Useful Post:
salmonmac (09-10-2012)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #32
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

I was having the same problem with my needles. The gal at my local yarn shop said she used one of the decorative 4/6 photo storage boxes for her circular needles. She keeps them in their plastic bags and then lays them sideways in the box in size order.

I went to Michaels when they had a 50% off all storage sale and got a plastic box, really made for scrapbooking, that had 16 4/6 small photo cases in it and the circulars fit perfectly in the small boxes. I did have to either fold or cut some of the cardboard backing that comes with the needles making sure I kept the part that had the size and length of the needles. For the smaller size needles I was able to fit 2-3 needles of the same size in each case. The bigger gauge needles I could only get one in a case.
For my straight needles I got some plastic cases that has dividers in them that you can make different sizes. I have one for my double pts. and one for regular straights.
Hope this helps.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Oh, I like! Good find!
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #34
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
If you have interchangeables I can't recommend these enough! I have two now and I have 4 friends with them, too. I hate ties on needle cases and these have a snap. They do have a case that's larger now, but it has a tie. She has other needle cases as well, but I only use interchangeables so haven't seen those personally.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rosevans?section_id=6277487

I know someone with this one as well and it's almost identical just a bit more expensive.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/southernwoo...ion_id=7036358

ETA: Oops that's not a tie it's a buckle sort of thing. That's probably okay then. Still like my snap though.
Thanks for the links! I bought one of the interchangeable needle cases for me (early birthday present! And I'm worth it ). While I was on etsy I bought a yarn bowl for my sister for Christmas as she refuses to learn how to wind a center-pull ball. Thanks again.
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote