Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Any Survivor and Amazing Race fans?
I love them both and never miss a show! Last nights first Survivor was good I thought!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
I love Survivor!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
ChatyKathy
Ribbing the Cuff

I love Survivor and I thought it was good also. I didnt like that they brought the 3 from before. The should of waitied till a reunion to do that. I dont think Lisa (Blair) will last very long. Guess we will see. I have watch forever and like you I dont miss a show.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
MomoKnits
Ribbing the Cuff

I think I only saw the first two or three seasons of Survivor, than quit.

The Amazing Race is my favorite!! Got into it back in 2008 and have been hooked ever since. Find my heart breaking so often watching that show.
MomoKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by ChatyKathy View Post
I love Survivor and I thought it was good also. I didnt like that they brought the 3 from before. The should of waitied till a reunion to do that. I dont think Lisa (Blair) will last very long. Guess we will see. I have watch forever and like you I dont miss a show.
No, it doesn't seem like she will. She said she's shy and she seems pretty fragile emotionally.

I don't usually like the shows quite as much when they bring the old players back. They usually bring the most annoying or awful people back! I don't mind these guys though. If Russell doesn't shut the heck up he isn't going to last long though!

Momoknits- I know what you mean! Sometimes it's hard to watch!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
I have watched every episode of every Season of Survivor since the very beginning, about 11 years ago when Richard Hatch won!

We have a wonderful Survivor Fans Group over at Ravelry, too, Jan! I have learned tons of things from the members. Such as....do you know what The Ponderosa is???

It is where the producers sequester the jury members until the final Tribal Counsel. Whereas the very first nine Survivors are holed up in secret somewhere, too....they are never seen again until The Finale and the winner is announced.

But the last nine voted off become part of the Jury, and they are sequestered in a nearby location, called The Ponderosa no matter where the show is being shot.

When they are initially sent packing, the camera crew follows and films them on their sometimes tearful ride of shame to The Ponderosa. They are filmed as they SCARF DOWN goodies given to them in the vehicle. They are filmed as they get weighed in by a doctor. They're filmed as other Jury members meet and greet them at the main kitchen/dining area, usually an open air affair on tropical locations. The camera crew follows the Jury members as they're taken on little day trips and shopping nearby. Their new sleeping digs are shown and filmed as the newest jury member marvels at their debilitated state in the bathroom mirror, and as they ooooh and ahhhh over the bag of personal items and clothing they sent ahead.

Anyway, links to these weekly Ponderosa videos are posted in our Survivor Group! I love watching The Ponderosa videos more than the doggone show, I tell ya! The Ponderosa doesn't start until the first Jury Member is voted off.

I was SOOOOO ELATED that Russell Hantz (the evil Troll) was voted OUT #2 on the last of his three Survivor Seasons because it truly meant we were done with him once and for all! He would have ruined The Ponderosa experience, and caused soooo much chaos as a Jury member! Gah!

I can vouch for the Survivor Group! A well-mannered bunch! Join us!

Plus, I started a thread that our mod Sticky'd that gives all the tribes, the Survivor names on each tribe with a physical description, plus each week we cross out the name of the 'goner'. (won't be missing Russell Swan!!!)

Tonight someone is real sick, medics on site. Dana, I think. She's the butch blonde with all the tattoos. Dunno if she'll opt to leave. (this isn't a spoiler....it was on the commercials this week)

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/survivor-fans

YES, I WATCH TAR, TOO! And belong to TAR group at Rav! I post in it, but not a lot. Just 2 worth.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Hi, Dollyce! I knew about the Ponderosa...they had a show about it once, but it was probably from the footage you've already seen. It's nice they take them on day trips and stuff. Probably keeps them from eating each other alive.

Yeah, I couldn't stand Russell Hantz or several other guys/gals who were just plain mean. Colton from last season for instance. Ugh.

I saw the previews and that there is an evac again. Not surprised. It's tough out there! I certainly couldn't handle it! I'll check out the Rav groups.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Yes, Colton from last year was actually worse than The Troll! At least Russell trash talked and disrespected people behind their back, talking big in front of the cameramen. Colton was plain mean and hurtful to your face for no reason but for his own bigotry and racism. He was shameful. I was actually gleeful when he was rollin' around in pain. A lot less pain than he had caused his fellow Survivors.

I guess what sticks in my craw so bad (about The Troll) is the overdose of him! Two back-to-back Samoa seasons, Gah.....then he's back almost immediately to challenge Boston Rob the very next year!

The Season that Boston Rob won was hands down THE BEST SURVIVOR SEASON I've ever enjoyed!!! I liked it so much that I bought the entire digital series on Amazon! Not only did Russell Hantz get blindsided, his doggone tribe threw a challenge to get rid of him! He was so furious when he lost to Matt the Bible Boy on Redemption Island that he cried! CRIED!!! That is true fury. Ha! Boy oh boy, that was sooooooo satisfying.

Plus, watching Boston Rob 'handle' his tribe, including Crazy Phillip the Federal Agent, was priceless! OMG. I actually liked Phillip! The red-headed stepchild. lol

Boston Rob is Russell's polar opposite. As Rob stated at the Finale where Russell was in the Final 3 and lost, again: "Russell plays to get to the End, not to Win."

So true.

Artlady at Rav
Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

About this season on TAR: I don't have any favorites yet. Plus, there aren't any teams that I'm sick of listening to.

A few Seasons in a row there were couples that fought so much I thought I'd get sick. Bossy screaming women, bossy bellering men. Adults acting out like bratty kindergarten kids. Grrrr. It was very very aggravating.

Kinda like the reality show called AxMen. We quit watching it because it was more.about the loggers' temper tantrums, cursing, and outright fighting than it was about the logging business.

Same goes for another reality show, Gold Diggers. In Alaskan seas up by Nome. Screaming, F-bombs, cursing, abusive behavior. We quit watching it because we didn't like the people. The underwater gold mining business was interesting, but the show became all about these miserable foul mouthed, bad tempered morons. Enough.

Artlady at Rav
Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Oh yeah, that is annoying. Since they aren't voted out they sometimes last a long time. Mostly they've been okay this show. I've also found that occasionally someone will grate on me, but in the end I end up really liking them because they are nice people. The cowboys for instance last season.

We don't watch any other reality shows. There's just too much yelling and drama. We mostly watch comedies and lots of science channel and national geographic. Terry likes shows about the universe and we both like geology (plate tectonics, etc). Animals are good as long as they aren't eating each other. Lol

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~