Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
cryaegm
Ribbing the Cuff

Finding an Old Pattern
Hey everyone. It's been a long while since I posted on these forums. Been really busy, and put my leg warmers off to the side at the moment.

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting. I'm looking for an old pattern my grandmother used to make my mom's afghan. What I know, the afghan is made with Red Heart yarn. The afghan has a purl border, then it's scallop, cable, scallop, and purl border; and it's done in three panels. The scallops are done in a way where they look like cables.

My mom used this pattern before, too. However, she doesn't remember the name of it or have the book that it was in. It looks similar to the Fans and Cables Throw on Red Heart's website. I'd like to use this pattern to make my mom a new afghan some day since the one my grandmother made has sadly fallen apart. I would ask my grandmother, but she passed when I was only three years old, and I don't have any of her knitting stuff she had.

I can take pictures of the afghan if need be. I just have to be careful with it because it is falling apart. Thanks in advance if anyone knows this pattern or can find it or whatever. I just would really love to have it or know where I could find it so I can knit it for my mom.
cryaegm is offline   Reply With Quote