Old 09-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #7071
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,068 Posts
Well, welcome to you, too, Dima in Florida. There are many knitters here from Florida, maybe some near you.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #7072
KnitBeg
1st Leg of the Journey

KnitBeg Introduction
Hi there

First of I found the introduction thread I'm not too used to fora, so this ain't my first post here I already asked for help I guess that says a lot

I am happy to have found this community. I am forever juggling with my knitting and it would be great if there are people outthere who can help. I did pay some attention in class, but I think it is about 20 years agoo that I was told to knit and purl I hope to get enough experience to help others in return, but that will take some time.

What to tell... I'm not much for the big projects - I don't really have the patience. I've made hats and purses and are currently working on book covers. Even things that small I knit partly and sew together

I recently got into knitting with "relief". So not as much in different colours or shapes, but rather cables and stuff... I'm not too experienced at it yet.

Take care and maybe see you around somewhere,
KnitBeg (= Knitter & Beginner)
Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #7073
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Welcome to knitting and to KH too! Lots of great small projects out there to do and plenty of different techniques and variations to keep them interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
KnitBeg (09-30-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #7074
ReaGaladriel
Casting On

Hi everybody.
I'm 24-year old girl from Croatia. My name is Rea. I'm new at this forum and I'm new at knitting. I finished my first scarf ever today and I fell in love with knitting. Now I want to learn more
So I decided to join this forum and learn new stuff.
And I apologize in advance for stupid beginner questions
ReaGaladriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #7075
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Rea, Welcome to Knitting Help! There really are no stupid questions at all. Any questions you have are more than welcome.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #7076
sundevil
Casting On

Hello! I'm a 21 year old student at ASU, hence the screen name. I just took up knitting yesterday as an inexpensive and constructive hobby to do around campus. I'm anxious to learn more and start making my own accessories, etc!
sundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #7077
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Welcome Rea and Sundevil!

We can give you hints on things to do on the cheap. Post a question about it in the General forum and you'll get all kinds of ideas.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #7078
weefairmousie
Casting On

Very happy to find an online knitting community
Hello everyone,
I've recently started knitting again after a very long hiatus away from it. Growing up on Cape Breton, knitting sweaters was a income generating hobby - got to love the tourists - and strange to say that as a child, I knitted sweaters long before I ever made a scarf.

I don't work from premade patterns very much but I have been trying to write them down so I can share them with the family.
I'm working on an oversized hooded poncho for my daughter's Christmas gift at the moment. (I'm so pleased that they've come back in style.) I've already unraveled it twice as the sample patches I made didn't translate well into the garment. I think that I'm trying to go too fancy, the cables and ladders don't lie properly giving the poncho a skewed look so I'm going for a simple seed stitch this time.

Be assured I shall be needing a lot of help as my memory for stitches has gotten a bit fuzzy and I'll remember a part of a stitching pattern but end of staring at the needles when the results don't match the vision.

Pleased to be here and I'll post a pic when I get really going on it. Critiques and opinions are always welcomed.
weefairmousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #7079
AirdrieKnitter
Casting On

Hi Everyone,
I learned to knit many years ago and have recently returned to knitting. It's wonderful to find a site like this with so many experienced knitters willing to share their knowledge and skill! Looking forward to being part of this group
AirdrieKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #7080
helplessonmv
Casting On

hi just thought i can use some help in knitting its been awhile for me and im afraid i have forgotten a few things[if i even knew them]
helplessonmv is offline   Reply With Quote