Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Sheri
1st Leg of the Journey

Entrelac shawl "Autumn" by Jojoland.com
entrelac question
I'm in Minnesota visiting my daughter and on the road trip from Colorado I managed to stop and two Nebraska shops and one in Sioux Falls, SD. Ok yes I spent too much money. I got the Jojoland Autumn Shawl pattern and yarn but I've NEVER done entrelac and am a bit confused.
http://www.jojoland.com/do/item/Sele...-01&subIndex=2
I'm to cast on 200. The first row group is 25 triangles. Row 1 (rs) k 1, turn
row2: Pl, turn and for all wrong side rows, purl the SAME NUMBER of sts as you knit in the previous row.
row3: sl, kl, turn
row 4, DO I PURL 2 because of the slip or just PURL 1?
NEXT question - Do you that knit entrelac turn all the time or do you purl backwards?
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
P 2 on row 4, you would count the slip stitch as if it were a knit st.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
Sheri (05-20-2008)
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Sheri
1st Leg of the Journey

I was HOPING you would be the one to answer this question. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

Wow That shawl is beautiful. It's one I think I would actually wear. The next two Saturday's I am retaking classes on knitting Entrelac. I forgot how to do it since I took classes years ago but never did it again after that.. I have to SEE it again and then I'll "get it". I just may order that pattern. ITs very pretty. Thanks again.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #5
Sheri
1st Leg of the Journey

If all goes well I will be in Sioux Falls on Thursday and I'm planning on spending the night there on my way home to Colorado .... I will stop at Athena Yarn Shop and spend the day or part of the day there working on the shawl so I know what I'm doing by the time I leave. Judy the owner really has a great shop and I encourage anyone driving through that part of the country to stop. It's very easy to find off I-29 ....
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Knitawhile
Casting On

Entrelac Shawl
I purchased a kit that included the yarn for the shawl and purchased the pattern separately about two years ago. I had no idea how to knit "entralec" and I am also left handed, very left handed. I struggled over the past winter and some this summer trying to learn to do the pattern. There is a wealth of information out there for right handed knitters but not so much for left-handers. Went to one class with a right-handed knitter but didn't seem to get the knack. Came home and began trying it again. After a month of working on a 4 rectangle sampler--doing one row-ripping it out, graduating to two rows--ripping out again, -three rows and rippig out again and again I finally began to see the light. I am on the third row of rectangle of the Autumn Shawl. I read the direction for the fringe which makes the shawl so beautiful and I am glad I found this web page and the information submitted by those who have already done the work. If and when I finish the pattern I hope to have a picture on-line.
Knitawhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,348 Times in 3,032 Posts
Good for you on two counts: one for figuring out entrelac and two for figuring it out left-handed. Lookng forward to a picture of the finished scarf. Enjoy knitting the rest of the tiers. And welcome to KnittingHelp!
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
Knitawhile (10-05-2012)