Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
rimna
Casting On

Send a message via Skype™ to rimna
Crooked Knitted Piece
Hi everyone,

I know this is weird but I knitted a piece that I was going to fold and sew to make a small purse in stockinette stitch and there is a
.25 inch difference from top to bottom on each side. I put a stripe in the piece and it's off - goes diagonal slightly. I blocked the piece but it's still off by .25 inch.

I used an old pair of #0 double-point needles (it's a set of 4 but I only used 2) that originally belonged to my grandmother - she brought them to the US when she imigrated from Finnland at the turn of the last century. My mother says that my grandmother knit many many items with these needles. She made clothing with Scandinavian designs so if there was a difference it would have shown in the clothing for sure but I've seen some of the stuff she made and there isn't.

I used Vanna's Glamour Yarn which is a weight category 2 - sport yarn. It's 96% acrylic and 4% metallic polyester.

I have measured, rolled, and put the needles through my gauge checker but I can't find any anomalies. They have been stored with other needles in a box for years. Has anyone ever run into this type siutation? Any suggestions?

Thank,
rimna
rimna is offline   Reply With Quote