Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
fnjlores
Casting On

Herringbone edging (horizontal) and increasing?
Before I begin my next project I was hoping to find out if there is a way to increase, in pattern, with the horizontal herringbone stitch? (i.e. go from 70 sts to 82 sts, while maintaining the herringbone look)

I'm trying to design a baby blanket that uses two edgings in herringbone, I want to pick up stitches around the blanket and increase at the corners.

The little I was able to find was from another thread on here from 5 years ago, http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=93256, which sums up saying to use the KRL increase. I imagine when I can get around to testing my idea out this will be my source to try and create increases at the corners. But if someone actually knows that this is how it's done or if there is a different way I'd greatly appreciate hearing about it!

OR if someone knows of a way to knit two separate edgings onto one blanket at the same time I wouldn't mind knowing how to do that either!

Last edited by fnjlores : 10-21-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: web-link was left out
fnjlores is offline   Reply With Quote