Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
MellyMommy
Casting On

Knitting Group in Langley, BC, Canada?
Hi Everyone

I'm just getting back into knitting on a regular basis. Anyone know of a "knit & stitch" group in the area?

If there are lots of you out there interested, we could also start a new group? Langley, Aldergrove, Cloverdale areas.

Happy Knitting

Melanie
MellyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
heartmadebyjessica
Casting On

I was looking for one too but I can't seem to find one that is active... I found a few groups on ravelry but no one really posts anything in the forums there? I would love to start one around here!
heartmadebyjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
MellyMommy
Casting On

I think I found a group through the weavers guild. They meet at Sharon United in Muriville. I'm going next Tuesday and see what it's like
MellyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

Don't let the lack of activity on Ravelry fool you, many are active but don't post a lot.
There is the Fraser Valley Knitting Guild. We meet the 4th Wednesday of every month from September to June. This year we also are meeting during the summer at member's houses. We have a Ravelry group and are on Facebook, although the Facebook page doesn't get updated that much.
There is one that meets on Monday nights, usually at the Starbucks at #10 and the Langley ByPass. The group on Ravelry is Clayton Knitters & Crocheters near Cloverdale. They original met at a cafe in the Clayton Heights area but the cafe closed so now meet in Langley.

The Cloverdale Musuem is hosting Pic-Knit again this Saturday, Aug. 4th. I totally recommend going, there are a few vendors and other displays. The Fraser Valley Knitting Guild will have a table, where you can meet some of our members, join the guild or sign up for Yarn Harvest. It's like a pub crawl but with yarn.

My Blog!
Stick-ee Creations

I'm Sajomaro on Ravelry too!
Sajomaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Maureen10
Casting On

Re: Knitting Group In Langley BC, Canada
Just seeing this now, but I'm willing to start a knitting group up in Langley if others are interested ...

Maureen

Originally Posted by MellyMommy View Post
Hi Everyone

I'm just getting back into knitting on a regular basis. Anyone know of a "knit & stitch" group in the area?

If there are lots of you out there interested, we could also start a new group? Langley, Aldergrove, Cloverdale areas.

Happy Knitting

Melanie
Maureen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
offgridgirl
Knitting the Flap

Good luck with your group. I wish I was closer...if I'm in the area I will try to stop by a meeting.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Sooz
Casting On

Any knitters in Langley?
That would be available to give me the odd lesson? I used to knit many moons ago, but have forgotten the odd thing... I will pay well... I'm in South Langley... I would really appreciate some help! Thank you!
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
heanorgirl123
Casting On

knitting in the Valley
Originally Posted by Maureen10 View Post
Just seeing this now, but I'm willing to start a knitting group up in Langley if others are interested ...

Maureen
I would be interested Maureen...and my cousin would also like to join a group....can we post our home phone numbers to make it easier to connect?

Barbara
heanorgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
heanorgirl123
Casting On

Langley Knitters
Originally Posted by Sooz View Post
That would be available to give me the odd lesson? I used to knit many moons ago, but have forgotten the odd thing... I will pay well... I'm in South Langley... I would really appreciate some help! Thank you!
I would be more than happy to give the off lesson....how do we get together to start this group?

Barbara::
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
heanorgirl123
Casting On

lessons....
Originally Posted by heanorgirl123 View Post
I would be more than happy to give the off lesson....how do we get together to start this group?

Barbara::
rather than an "off" lesson....I think I should say "odd" lesson or more....just a slight slip of the keys..