Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
First LYS Experience
So I just got back from visiting my brother in Pittsburgh about a week ago. We had a great time. Gotta say though, my favorite part of the trip was visiting the lys there. I expected to like it there, but I didn't expect it to be just this....completely heavenly experience. There was so much selection, and nice good yarn. Then being in an environment where I knew everyone else was as obsessed with yarn as I was...it was nice knowing that I was surrounded by people in there who understood it. While I was there, I got some nice yarn. I got some Berreco Vintage DK, Crystal Palace Yarns Mochi Plus, Madeline Tosh Merino Light, Hikoo by Sacel, Rowan Pure Wool, and some circular Bamboo Addis. The only yarn I've gotten a chance to work with so far is the Hikoo by sacel. Which is this this really fuzzy yarn that my brother wanted for a scarf. The yarn is surprisingly not a pain in the you know what to work with. Or maybe it was the Addi's....I just had to try them out, and as I've heard they're just lovely to work with. Now I'm anxious to try out different needle types like the Harmony Woods from KP. But I'm getting off the topic lol. The lady that rung me up was super nice. She even threw in a free recyclable bag to carry all of my yummy yarn in!! And I got to roll my hanks into balls, which made me happy, bc the last time I attempted to roll a hank into a ball it was a complete mess lol!! Anyway, just wanted to share my first lys experience with you guys!!