Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Annabee85
Casting On

So Lonely In Greenville, NC...need knitters
Hi,
are there any knitting clubs/groups in Greenville Nc? i have been here two years now and still haven't hear wind of any i know there are beading clubs, & weaving clubs, but no knitting clubs that i have hear of. now i know there are no great yarn stores around here the closest i think in in jacksonville an hour a way but i know there has to be other knitters out there besides me!
Annabee85 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
luvmykid28
Turning the Heel

Have you gone on Ravelry and searched Greenville, NC? That's how I found the 1st group I knit with here. Or you could go to Meetup.com and look it up. I hope you find some knitters, soon. It's fun to knit with friends. You could also teach some friends to knit. I've done that too. We meet 2 a month with out kids...Good luck.

I have three passions:
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. Knitting
Everything else can wait.

Last edited by luvmykid28 : 03-02-2011 at 01:25 AM.
luvmykid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luvmykid28 For This Useful Post:
TEMA (02-13-2012)
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
OffJumpsJack
Working the Gusset

Internet Search Results
Originally Posted by Annabee85 View Post
Hi,
are there any knitting clubs/groups in Greenville Nc? i have been here two years now and still haven't hear wind of any i know there are beading clubs, & weaving clubs, but no knitting clubs that i have hear of. now i know there are no great yarn stores around here the closest i think in in jacksonville an hour a way but i know there has to be other knitters out there besides me!

Have you asked at Hancock Fabrics or Michael's if they have knitting nights or classes. You could attend one and meet other local knitters and find other groups near you that way.

Local churches may also have 'knitting for charity" groups where you could make more networking connections

Good luck.

as Off-Jumps-Jack

OTN another Black & gold Diagonal Square Potholder
OTH Baby blanket
OTH Lace doily - A vintage pattern recreating from an heirloom.
OffJumpsJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
ruthiemay53
Casting On

Originally Posted by Annabee85 View Post
Hi,
Just moved to Rocky Mount, NC and I am also disappointed that there are no knitting stores in the area. After googling I came upon a possible shop in Wilson, NC called Knit Wits. I am going to try to call them today. Wilson should be within driving distance for both of us. I will let you know what I find out.
ruthiemay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
RobynS8971
Casting On

Interested in forming knitting circle
I am rather new to Greenville, too, and interested in a knitting circle, I am curently taking lessons just to get to know some other knitters, I sure don't need the lessons!
I wish there was somewhere semi-public (maybe library?) we could hold a get-together, contact me, maybe we can meet.
RobynS8971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
MissAnna
Casting On

would you like to create a knitting group?
Hello-

I was wondering if someone would like to start a knitting group? All you need is 2 ppl to start. I live in Greenville, NC. I work at home so i am in need to meet ppl that i can at least knit with. please email me if you are interested. Or post to this thread. This is my first time on here so I am not exactally sure how this works.

Thank you,

Anna
MissAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
SunshineKnitter
Casting On

Learning to Knit in Greenville
I would interesting in any knitting groups around Greenville, NC. Does anyone know of individuals who know how to knit and are willing to get together?
SunshineKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote