Old 11-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
jenniferhobutt
Casting On

Decreasing k3p2 patterns for beanies
I am make a beanie with 60 stitches and I am knitting in the round with the first couple of rows being k1p1 pattern and then after that I started to do k3p1 pattern. I'm at the point where I need to decrease and I was wondering how to do so to keep the same pattern. This is my first time knitting myself a beanie and I'm at a loss.
jenniferhobutt is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,375 Times in 3,058 Posts
Hi and welcome to KnittingHelp!
You can decrease nicely around the beanie, but you won't be able to maintain the k3p1 pattern. What you can do is decrease by knitting 2sts together over the k3 portion of the pattern, say every other k3. It won't work out precisely evenly but after the next decrease round you should be ok. Then work a round on the sts as you see them (knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts) with out any decreases. So you would have k3p1, k2p1 repeated around. Then you can again decrease on the alternate k3 columns. Continue to alternate decrease rounds with plain rounds until you get down to around 12sts and then k2tog all the way around, cut the yarn leaving at least a 6inch tail and finally draw the yarn through the live sts and fasten it off.
salmonmac is offline   Reply With Quote