Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
xdunlapx
Ribbing the Cuff

My knitting looks like a trapezoid
Ok I'm new to knitting. I had started a year or so ago but gave up without finishing any project, not even a dish cloth.

I'm knitting a basic garter stitch sweater right now, it's my first project this time around. I'm using circulars since i so far prefer them to straight needles. But my scarf that is hanging from the circulars looks kind of like a trapezoid.. /----\

I know I somehow added two stitches early on and I did k2tog (twice) to reduce by two stitches to get me back to 20 stitches which is what the pattern states for CO. But it still is looking kind of trapezoidish. I didn't tink back to where I added the stitches since this is just a scarf for me and nobody else would be wearing it. I've gotten to about 9 or 10 inches so far. Will the finished piece seem more rectangled when it's done and off of the needles? Will I need to wash and block it and dry it flat? The yarn is Knit Picks Brava Bulky (acrylic) yarn.

I just took a picture of it but it's against my red couch (red yarn) so it didnt come out well. I tried briefly photo editing it but it just wasn't working.

Though I did notice I don't see the trapezoid shape as much in the photo as I do in real life.. So I've got no clue.. Anyone else run into this?
xdunlapx is offline   Reply With Quote