Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
yarnrainbow
1st Leg of the Journey

Kids say the greatest things!
I was having a rather down day today...feeling a little blue 'cause my shoulders and wrists were achy and I was thinking about all that has to be done for the holidays, etc. Just a "pity party" moment. Well, family dropped by today, including my little 7 yo granddaughter. We adults were discussing who was going to bring what to Thanksgiving, etc. when all of a sudden my granddaughter said, "Nana, my sweater is getting too small. You need to make me a new one." Her embarrassed mother said, "You know better than to ask for things. If you need something, we'll go to the store and buy it" and started apologizing to me. But my little angel said, "But I don't want a store bought one...I want a good one...like Nana makes." I started chuckling and said "Well, honey, it may be a while before I can make you one." And as she turned around and plopped in front of the TV to watch cartoons, she said graciously, "That's ok, Nana. I'll wait. Cause I want a good one." All of sudden I wasn't nearly as blue! I think I'll make her this sweater (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...abled-cardigan) and matching hat (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...lon-cabled-hat).