Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
PinkRoses
Knitting the Flap

Stuck with it...
and it paid off! I had the hardest time with a new pattern. Well, new to me. I'm working on a corset pullover pattern from Interweave knits that came out sometime in 2005? Anyway, I had been struggling for the past month to just get it started. I had a really difficult time understanding the pattern. Yesterday I was so determinded, I spent a few hrs. looking over the pattern and counting stitches and what not and...it finally worked for me. Once I got a hang out of these crazy directions, it was very nice going. VERY happy I cracked the code. It's so much fun!

Did you ever have a pattern that you stuck with, through thick and thin and eventually you just got the hang of it??? SO worth it!!! I may not be the fastest to pick something up, but boy oh boy, I am persistant!!!

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/
PinkRoses is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Antares
Working the Gusset

Way to go! Sounds like this is going to be a much loved finished object (when that day arrives--and with your persistence, it will).

I'm currently working on a project that has simple lace directions (maybe too simple?), but it's been one step forward and three steps back for the entire project!! I was almost finished with the lace part of it, but then on the LAST lace row, I came up short on stitches. And my life line, was/is WAAAAAY back there! Urghhh! I haven't ripped it back yet, but I will someday when the pain of taking out all those stitches isn't quite so . . . well, painful!

At any rate, I'm thrilled to hear you're finally over the comprehension hurdle and well on your way to success. Drop those needles for a second and pat yourself on the back!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,420 Times in 3,099 Posts
Oh yes, and more than once. I just keep reading the same directions over and over, sometimes out loud, sometimes to the dog, until the lightbulb goes on. (The dog always agrees with my interpretation.)
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonmac For This Useful Post:
PinkRoses (11-21-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Oh yes, and more than once. I just keep reading the same directions over and over, sometimes out loud, sometimes to the dog, until the lightbulb goes on. (The dog always agrees with my interpretation.)
they are very good that way!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
For me, any pattern tends to need a lot of thought and trial and error. Unfortunately, I don't have a sympathetic dog and eventually the light bulbs burn out here. Yeah, sticking with it and getting it right is really satisfying though I've had more experience with crochet patterns in this regard and I think they can be a lot harder than the knitting patterns I've used. I look forward to seeing the FO!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
PinkRoses
Knitting the Flap

OMG, the comment about the dog was so funny! I find myself talking to my two cats but they just walk away. Maybe next time I have a pattern problem I'll borrow someones doggy. Woof!!! LOL

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/
PinkRoses is offline   Reply With Quote