Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #31
dturner
Turning the Heel

Hmmm. When I first looked at the pattern I didn't quite understand how the stitch worked. After looking at your photos, I now see that the dropped stitch at BO is "unzipped" all the way up the scarf. Very neat idea! The scarf is beautiful!
dturner is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #32
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by dturner View Post
Hmmm. When I first looked at the pattern I didn't quite understand how the stitch worked. After looking at your photos, I now see that the dropped stitch at BO is "unzipped" all the way up the scarf. Very neat idea! The scarf is beautiful!
Thanks! It was pretty easy. On that bind off row...you bind off 3....then let 'drop knit stitch' fall off your lefthand needle, then work the 3-stitch bridge over the gap....then continue along with 1) bind off, 2) drop off, 3) make bridge....and so on.....ending with the final few bind offs at the end of the row.

THEN you "unzip" the dropped stitches all the way down to the original cast-on end.

I'd like to knit another one using a real slippery yarn, like Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. It's so slippery it wobbles off the ball winder!!! Ya gotta wind the little hanks by hand. Grrrrrrr.

I think a slick yarn would be very cool looking. Can't think of a yarn except for that DB Pure Silk. I have some in my stash. Knit a scarf a few years ago. It's a saturated fuchsia.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
dturner (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #33
dturner
Turning the Heel

Very interesting stitch! I think that the yarn you used is beautiful, but I agree--a slick yarn would probably work well with this pattern.
dturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #34
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,783 Times in 7,146 Posts
I bought the first video download of KDTV! I was going to burn it, but if I calculated correctly I'd need about 5 CDs. So I need to get some DVDs. Again if my calculations are correct I only need one DVD.

Can't wait to see it!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #35
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I bought the first video download of KDTV! I was going to burn it, but if I calculated correctly I'd need about 5 CDs. So I need to get some DVDs. Again if my calculations are correct I only need one DVD.

Can't wait to see it!
Can't you just watch your video download on your laptop? No need to burn the video download at all...unless you want to watch the show on your TV, or DVD player.

I don't think you can burn the KDTV video download onto CD's. You need DVD discs. CD's are for photos, music, and document backup.

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Can't you just watch your video download on your laptop? No need to burn the video download at all...unless you want to watch the show on your TV, or DVD player.
I could if I HAD a laptop. I have an old (7yrs) desktop with a rather uncomfortable chair at the moment. Terry isn't sure he wants to go to a laptop so we'll probably replace with a desktop, too. Gonna be awhile though. Too many expenses lately. Why does everything break at once??

Hmmm... I wonder if I can see what's on my computer from my TV w/o a DVD... I should copy it anyway. Always worried with a computer that old that it'll die.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #37
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,197 Times in 2,698 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I could if I HAD a laptop. I have an old (7yrs) desktop with a rather uncomfortable chair at the moment. Terry isn't sure he wants to go to a laptop so we'll probably replace with a desktop, too. Gonna be awhile though. Too many expenses lately. Why does everything break at once??

Hmmm... I wonder if I can see what's on my computer from my TV w/o a DVD... I should copy it anyway. Always worried with a computer that old that it'll die.
Yes! Burn a copy! My old computer died and I haven't been able to boot it again to recover files. Fortunately I didn't really lose much. I got lucky and my DD & SIL gave me an old laptop they had. Otherwise, I'd have no computer at all. Fingers crossed here that you can get a laptop. Some of them are fairly inexpensive now. Relatively speaking anyhow. I googled it and it seems that some DVD players will play mp4 files and others won't. I'm pretty sure the one I have, as old as it is (another hand-me-down) wouldn't. For me it's a moot point since I don't currently have a TV.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

I have a new TV and a blue ray player so as long as I can burn them to DVD I'll be fine. I plan on getting a portable hard drive to back up he old computer, but haven't yet with Christmas and all. DH prefers a desktop so we will probably get one of those. I have an iPad that I use like a laptop, but of course it doesn't play DVD/CDs.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #39
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,197 Times in 2,698 Posts
I finally got my download done. Something kept messing up and I didn't and still don't know what the problem was but now I can finally watch the videos. I'm just a wee bit excited! And such a deal I got!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #40
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
I finally got my download done. Something kept messing up and I didn't and still don't know what the problem was but now I can finally watch the videos. I'm just a wee bit excited! And such a deal I got!
Yay! I'll watch Season 1 all over....and we can talk about our favorite parts! When can you start? :-)

Artlady at Rav