Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #51
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Oh my goodness! Both of our TVs have a USB port! My husband did all the wiring and I never noticed! Thank you so much for telling me about it.

Since I don't have a laptop I'm not sure how I'll use this yet, but it's good to know. I'll have to look into getting a better thumb drive since mine doesn't hold a lot.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #52
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,507 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Oh my goodness! Both of our TVs have a USB port! My husband did all the wiring and I never noticed! Thank you so much for telling me about it.

Since I don't have a laptop I'm not sure how I'll use this yet, but it's good to know. I'll have to look into getting a better thumb drive since mine doesn't hold a lot.

Cool. I've been trying to figure out what all the inputs and outputs on the new TVs mean for me when I get one. When you figure out what the USB port is good for, you can let me know. Last night I solved 2 computer problems, one for my sister and one for myself. My son helped. I was on the phone with my sister trying to figure out how to get her online after deleting an ad blocker/proxy program, I knew what the problem was but haven't looked at IE in at least 12 yrs. except to read email at the library and on her computer so I didn't know how to get to the setting she needed to change. I talked to my son on Yahoo chat and he helped me figure out the answer. Then I needed a GUI interface for my computer to work with software sources, found help for that online too. That problem came about because I messed up in downloading my KD videos and thought I needed to fix a problem in my media player and created a new problem trying to fix a problem that wasn't there. I guess what I'm trying to say is none of us can handle all this technology by ourselves and I'm glad my confusion helped you out. I'd be willing to forgo a lot of new tech stuff but I wouldn't want to give up the help I get with knitting. Knitting is much easier to figure out than computers! Knitting Help rocks! and makes it worth the effort.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #53
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

YIKES! I used to know HTML (self taught) and hand coded a few websites at the time. Now technology has passed me by! I have no shortage of it around here with my iPad, iPhone, Kindle, computer, etc. But I mostly just play with it not fix it. I'm glad you got the computer fixed!

Oh and I also don't use IE. It's so user UNfriendly. I like my Firefox.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #54
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,507 Posts
This is so OT, will I get banned?

I use FF and I watch hulu on Google Chrome but mostly use Opera, I find it and I get along pretty well but some things work better in FF for whatever reason. Once upon a time I would have been willing to try to find out why and can I fix it. Not anymore. Some days I wish I'd had my SIL leave Windows on here so I would have a dual boot...but he replaced this laptop with a Mac because he got tired of my DD having so many problems with it. I can crash this system but I have to really try hard...yes, I have done it on purpose, just on account of because. There are Windows games I would play if I could, but I waste enough time with this monster already.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #55
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

This topic went AWOL a long time ago and the OP (artlady) joined in so I think it's okay.. I suppose we should start a new thread for KDTV in the lounge. Go for it!

I have had Dells for years with no problems, but I know some people complain. Then again there's a lemon or two in any bunch. One of my DD has a Mac and loves it. I'm too used to windows at this point and my DH couldn't handle it. He can use google and email and I'm always helping him as it is.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Last edited by Jan in CA : 12-12-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #56
Christinechrstms1
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Skype™ to Christinechrstms1
it looks great!
Christinechrstms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Christinechrstms1 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #57
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
What a pretty scarf! From your description it sounds like an interesting project to make as well.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #58
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
What a pretty scarf! From your description it sounds like an interesting project to make as well.

You're right, Judy....it was very interesting. I'd like to try it with a more suitable yarn. Merino-silk blend was a little clingy onto its neighbors. It made the 'unzipping' process very tedious. I'd like to use (maybe) pure silk. It's real slippery. I have some fuchsia Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in my stash. But the color isn't my vision for the pattern stitch. I'd like to use a non-clingy, slinky, worsted, slightly variegated yarn....like a handpaint, such as Madeleine Tosh, but not cuz her yarns aren't slippery or slinky.

I'll just have to keep my eyes open. The yarn sales are rolling hot & heavy right now, although I'm trying NOT TO LOOK at yarn websites, or visit LYS's.

I've got plenty of yarn to occupy my hands and mind...maybe I need to dig deeper into my own stash.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote