Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
(At first, I typed in "Looking forward to your expansion," but then I decided I should probably specify the store expansion because otherwise it sounds kinda bad in light of the previous sentence! )
Oh, plenty of expansion going on here, let me tell you. Which is what pregnancy is all about, of course.

Originally Posted by susianna View Post
Amy, I am very happy for you and Sheldon- that's wonderful news! I'm a beginner and have been part of this forum for several months now, and honestly this is my favorite site to come to; it has become my knitting home....from the helpful videos to all the friendly and encouraging folks here. I'm excited about the shop, too! Thank you for all of this and blessings on your family.
Thank you Susianna. I'm glad to meet you and glad you're here!

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Marina1109
1st Leg of the Journey

CONGRATS Amy and family and the new baby boy on the way!!

Wishing you all lots of health and happiness!!
Marina1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marina1109 For This Useful Post:
amy (01-02-2013)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
RetaJ
Casting On

Congrats!! Such exciting news all the way around! I've been gone from the site for a long time and am just now getting back to it. I can't wait to see what you all have in store for us
RetaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RetaJ For This Useful Post:
amy (01-02-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Congratulations, Amy, Sheldon and Erin! A new baby joins this wonderful family! Oh my!

It's wonderful to hear about the expansion to our KH Shop! My suggestion regarding yarn...would be: a washable yarn, and a feltable yarn. So, perhaps a nice acrylic, and a nice wool. Worsted, and if possible, dk. Brands? That's up to you. I agree...affordable is key. Nice, but affordable. Encore comes to mind, and Lamb's Pride. But you prolly have more resources than comes to my mind at the moment.

Yes, accessories are a big hit with me, too. I'm a total sucker for accessories!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
amy (01-02-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

Congrats Amy and Sheldon on your soon to be addition to the family.
Congrats as well to the expansion of the shop.
Since your profile said you were in Western Mass. can you point me in the direction of a yarn shop close to Springfield??? My daughter and family live there and I haven't found anything near by when we go see her. I went to one with her when she first moved to Springfield, but that was in the town where Smith College is so not all that close.
Congrats again on both additons to the family.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABC's Mom For This Useful Post:
amy (01-02-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #16
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,479 Times in 528 Posts
Webs (aka http://www.yarn.com) is located in Northampton which isn't too far from Springfield. It's an amazing place and definitely worth the trip.

Originally Posted by ABC's Mom View Post
Congrats Amy and Sheldon on your soon to be addition to the family.
Congrats as well to the expansion of the shop.
Since your profile said you were in Western Mass. can you point me in the direction of a yarn shop close to Springfield??? My daughter and family live there and I haven't found anything near by when we go see her. I went to one with her when she first moved to Springfield, but that was in the town where Smith College is so not all that close.
Congrats again on both additons to the family.
The Following User Says Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
ABC's Mom (01-01-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

ABC's Mom: I second what Sheldon said! You probably went to the lovely small shop in the middle of Downtown Northampton. Webs is a bit further down the road, and is actually yarn.com, the largest yarn store in the country, if you include their warehouse. They have huge sale events, and significant discounts--the more you buy, the greater the discount they give you. They're also just a lovely group of people. I'm sure there are yarn shops in Springfield as well, you could search on www.yelp.com for one near your daughter if you need something closer.

Dollyce, thanks for the yarn suggestions, I'm still open to suggestions. Definitely we will stock a good worsted, 100% natural wool yarn. Lamb's Pride is lovely and definitely a contender. I was also considering Paton's classic, but they've apparently outsourced to Turkey and gone downhill. The trick is to find that fine line between being soft, but wearing well and not pilling excessively. And affordable. And domestic, ideally! If any others come to mind, please let me know, I'm still comparing and researching!

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
rdejam
Casting On

Congratulations, Amy and Sheldon! I bet Erin can't wait to be a big sister. I wish you all the best on your new arrival and shop expansion.
~Ruth
rdejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #19
DavidSydney63
Knitting the Flap

A baby - just think of all the nice things you can knit for a bub!!
DavidSydney63 is offline   Reply With Quote