Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
rowenaeyre
Casting On

Cuff to heel transition 2luvcrew from Soctopus
I am having problems with the heel part of the 2luvcrew pattern from Socktopus by Alice Yu. It says to work row 1 of the heel transition chart twice, then work columns 1 to 3 and pm, then work "as set" in the other chart. Then it says to work the heel transition chart "as set" to the m, slip marker, and work from the other chart. The problem is the pattern doesn't say what to do with the three extra stitches that two repeats of the heel transition chart doesn't cover. What do I do with these? Working columns 1 to 3 every time looks rough and the errata doesn't mention anything. Hopefully that was an adequate explanation.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,333 Times in 3,018 Posts
Here's a link to the Ravelry page. I don't have this pattern but there are a couple of things to try. It looks like the pattern for the cuff blends into the heel pretty nicely. Are you seeing that with the transition that you're doing so far? Is it possible that there is an extra stitch in the heel transition chart at each repeat?
See if the stitch counts with the 3 extra sts make sense for the heel and for the gusset of the sock. If not, can you tell where they're off and decrease to remove the extra sts? The other is to continue with the column 1-3 repeat and see if it looks better as you do more rows on the heel. Sorry not to be able to give you any better advice but perhaps someone who has this pattern will be able to help.
salmonmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
rowenaeyre
Casting On

I've figured it out for now. There was no error in the pattern, but for the three 'extra' stitches, you just knit the first half of the heel transition chart over again. Looking ahead in the pattern helped a lot, thank you!
rowenaeyre is offline   Reply With Quote