Old 11-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #1341
ccphillips
Casting On

might need your help
Originally Posted by Howdovely View Post
Well hello there! I'm next door to you in HP, near 66/311. Have you been to Common Threads in High Point yet? That's the only local knitting place I go to and the group is LOVELY! I've only been knitting with them not quite a year and they welcomed me in right away. It's a great shop, you should try to pop in there sometime.

Brenda
Great I have meaning to.I have started a Christmas Stocking and I might need some help, its way over my head. What nights are the classes?

I was up in Elkin on business on Tuesday. Its called Circle of Friends really neat shop. She dyes and spins some of her yarns.

Hope to meet you.

Carol

Last edited by ccphillips : 11-26-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: mispell
ccphillips is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #1342
ccphillips
Casting On

Thanks so much, I am so glad you all are out there!
Carol
ccphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #1343
smalltownknitguy
Casting On

Send a message via Skype™ to smalltownknitguy
North Eastern North Carolina
I have tried this at Ravelry with very few responses. I am a male knitter with a wife who also knits, and a daughter (who is learning), a son, and 2 dogs. My wife and I live in Murfreesboro, NC (NE NC near VA border). We are in search of other knitters/crocheters in the area.
I lead a group that meets at the Murfreesboro Library on the first Thursday of each month, next meeting March 3rd at 6 pm.

We are also hosting the "Keeping You in Stitches" Knitting Retreat in Murfreesboro, April 29 & 30. We will have classes, prizes, a field trip to an Alpaca farm, notions, yarn, Sit & stitch, and more. It is being brought to you by Heather Boyd, avid knitter & crocheter, her husband Rusty Boyd, avid knitter, crocheter, & published designer, and Claudia Morris, Knitter and owner of Southern Purls in Ahoskie, NC. For More information you can PM here or at smalltownknitguy on Ravelry.

My wife and I are also teaching Knitting, Crochet, and cross stitch from our home. You can also email me for that information.

Hope to find new NC Knitters soon!

Last edited by Shandeh : 02-23-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: removed email from public view
smalltownknitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #1344
AngelInAGlass
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to AngelInAGlass
just wanted to join in since I'm a NC knitter also!!!
I'm Angie, live close to Charlotte, in Monroe.
I'm addicted to ravelry!!
and love that I live in an area where within an hour or so, I can visit somewhere around 10 different LYS's!!!! <3
AngelInAGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #1345
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Raleigh native here, and my girlfriend and Kninja Master lives in Carrboro/Chapel Hill (actually White Cross, but nobody knows where that is). If you're out our way, you'll want to check out Yarns, Etc (Chapel Hill) and Great Yarns (Raleigh) or if you get a chance, Three Waters Farm just across the Alamance Co. line from Chapel Hill.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #1346
MrsKasiLou
Ribbing the Cuff

Hey everyone...I'm Kasey and I'm from Statesville. About 45 minutes north of Charlotte...
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #1347
Artchic528
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi fellow NC Knitters!!

I live near Concord and Kannapolis. In fact, Charlotte Motor Speedway is a stones throw from my house. It takes me 5 minutes to get to Concord Mills mall, if that.

The only kitting store I know of is "Knit One, Stitch Two", out in Northcross Shopping Center but I've never been. Is that a good place?
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #1348
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Welcome! I live in Indian Trail, which is near Matthews. I've been to every yarn shop in the Charlotte area. Knit One, Stitch Too has some nice yarns, but they mostly cater to needlepoint customers. BUT nice yarn is nice yarn - so it's worth the trip!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1349
FuffyKnitter
Casting On

Hello my fellow NCers!!! I live in Davidson which is a few miles north of Charlotte.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #1350
FuffyKnitter
Casting On

Originally Posted by Artchic528 View Post
Hi fellow NC Knitters!!

I live near Concord and Kannapolis. In fact, Charlotte Motor Speedway is a stones throw from my house. It takes me 5 minutes to get to Concord Mills mall, if that.

The only kitting store I know of is "Knit One, Stitch Two", out in Northcross Shopping Center but I've never been. Is that a good place?
I know of that store but have never been. The Needlepoint Center in Davidson is adorable! I am brand spanking new to knitting so my opinions of yarn stores may not be very accurate.