Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
WHOA! Did the shaggy dog escape?

You could make and owl and name it Feg Hoot.
Hmm... "Feg Hoot"? I'm gonna have to think about that one...

At least the "woes" in the tail were garter stitch... that helped a bit.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #12
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Oh my goodness!! I love so many things about this chicken. Love his tail, his perky uprightness, his little hangy down thing under his beak and the look he has on his face. He is so cute. And I got such a laugh reading through your post. Thanks for sharing this with us.

My husband is sitting here next to me as I work my way through the list of projects. I read the title of your post out loud. Patterns can have such exotic names that I didn't think anything of it, but DH picked up the chicken idea (similar to pollo in Spanish) and as it was coming in he said, French Chicken? And then the picture came in. Oui, oui, French Chicken deluxe.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
Oh my goodness!! I love so many things about this chicken. Love his tail, his perky uprightness, his little hangy down thing under his beak and the look he has on his face. He is so cute. And I got such a laugh reading through your post. Thanks for sharing this with us.

My husband is sitting here next to me as I work my way through the list of projects. I read the title of your post out loud. Patterns can have such exotic names that I didn't think anything of it, but DH picked up the chicken idea (similar to pollo in Spanish) and as it was coming in he said, French Chicken? And then the picture came in. Oui, oui, French Chicken deluxe.
Well I wasn't making two MORE of them in order to have THREE French Hens, so Bantamime is going to have to stand on her own. But my girlfriend got a HUGE charge out of her. Which was, after all, the point of the exercise.
The Following User Says Thank You to mojo11 For This Useful Post:
MerigoldinWA (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
I'm sorry that all through my post I used male pronouns. You had said it was a hen, but for some reason it looked more like a rooster to me. Three French Hens... Come on you could do this. Can-can skirt for one, maybe an arteest--let the juices flow. Or this one can be the solo chicken in the pear tree.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
I'm sorry that all through my post I used male pronouns. You had said it was a hen, but for some reason it looked more like a rooster to me. Three French Hens... Come on you could do this. Can-can skirt for one, maybe an arteest--let the juices flow. Or this one can be the solo chicken in the pear tree.
No problem. I guess I made her more androgynous than I thought. I figured the Pat Benatar "shirt" would be a dead giveaway, but maybe they don't listen to Pat in France or somethin'.

The biggest problem with trying to make a couple more to complete the trio is that I can't remember exactly how I made THIS one. There wasn't a pattern per se, just a basic idea of a shape. Then again, I suppose it's not that complicated to make a bowling pin with legs. And now that I have a technique for grafting in the wings figured out...

We'll see. For now I'm content to let her be one of a kind.
The Following User Says Thank You to mojo11 For This Useful Post:
MerigoldinWA (01-14-2013)