Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
melinda9723
1st Leg of the Journey

substitute for bulky wool yarn?
My husband mentioned to me this morning that he needed a hat for work that covers his ears and neck.

So I ran to my computer with my coffee in hand in search of an easy knitted pattern than I could make.

I found the pattern I want to use but after going to every yarn store in my area I could not find the yarn I need. Luckily, I did find the needles I need at the last store I went to.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTbluehills.html

I'm not sure how to buy wool yarn so I didn't buy any yarn at all.
I have acrylic yarn and was wondering if I used two strands would it equal to what I need?

I would like to make him a hat out of wool one day as well but I don't want to use that scratchy wool. I was thinking along the lines of soft but warm.

Thanks in advance for any help.
melinda9723 is offline   Reply With Quote