Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
Antares
Working the Gusset

Of course, your markers will move up as you knit, but I would put these in Row 2. I would knit into front and back 2 times, k10, and then place a marker; knit into front and back 2 times, k10, and then place another marker . . . all the way across (so, in other words, after every group of stitches that you repeat). Or you could place a marker after every two repeats.

When you come to a marker, stop, and count to the last marker to make sure you haven't missed or added any stitches. It's a lot easier to do this than to count all the stitches at the end of the row (not to mention having to figure out where you goofed and going back and fixing it)!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Of course, your markers will move up as you knit, but I would put these in Row 2. I would knit into front and back 2 times, k10, and then place a marker; knit into front and back 2 times, k10, and then place another marker . . . all the way across (so, in other words, after every group of stitches that you repeat). Or you could place a marker after every two repeats.

When you come to a marker, stop, and count to the last marker to make sure you haven't missed or added any stitches. It's a lot easier to do this than to count all the stitches at the end of the row (not to mention having to figure out where you goofed and going back and fixing it)!
You may not need the markers at all if you can recognize the kfb by the "bar" it leaves in the fabric. (pictures and video here) Just knit until you're 10 sts past the last kfb, then repeat. Your markers are built in. But if you have trouble picking the bar out of the background (which can be a challenge, especially in the first few rows) you can use a marker to show you where your last repeat was, knit 10 sts past the marker, kfb twice and move the marker. If you don't like having a lot of markers hanging out of your work, this might be a good option for you.

The markers will "travel" as you knit, but since Row 3 is negating the increases in Row 2, I think they'll stay in the same positions relative to the row. But somebody who's better at counting this stuff should probably check me on that one.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote