Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #21
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,773 Times in 7,140 Posts
We were just teasing Antares. You're lucky you've got a cooperative cat! Actually I'm not sure if mine would have been more cooperative. Since I didn't care it all worked out.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #22
Antares
Working the Gusset

Jan: Oh, I'm not offended! In fact, I'm enjoying the ribbing and the back and forth!

I was just trying to explain my amazing cat and why all the sympathy for me was so unnecessary.

Personally, though, I'm a dog person, so I guess I have the best of both worlds.

GG: That's a pretty amazing cat. Mine's not quite that good yet, but she does know how to say "Hello"! And she yodels quite well, too, which is how she got her moniker (Yodel).

And mojo: You must have missed the part where I said the cat is closely monitored at all times when inside. So, no, no sneak attacks on outlawed furniture!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #23
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,687 Posts
Skippy was a very unusual cat. DD decided she wanted a Manx and found out that Concern for Animals had one. She rescued the cat from them, in effect. He'd been kept in a carrier for weeks because he attacked another cat, and if they'd realized she had other cats they never would have let her take him as they were sure he'd kill any cat he was around. She told me she had to take him and give him a chance, he couldn't stay where he was, so he came home with her. He had his moments. He'd been abused, we think by a man because he didn't like men and was particularly not fond of their feet. I don't remember now how she kept the peace with her other cats and Skippy, but he survived. He really was convinced he was alpha and could be downright mean, but she made him lie on his back in her arms like a baby until he decided not to fight it anymore; eventually she only did it on rare occasions. He was unique. I was convinced he had a retractable opposable thumb, the things he did when we weren't looking. He was way too smart was part of his problems in life before my DD got him. We all miss Skippy.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #24
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

"Closely monitored" goes only so far with cats, I've found. They seem to have the ability to teleport. Or maybe it's just Cat-Ninja training or something. Snickerdoodle (Clyde's sister) has just about given me a heart attack more than once. She's sneaky!
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

I'm sure my late cat, Oliver, named after Oliver Twist, knew exactly what I was saying to him. He would always talk back to me when I talked to him. I sure wish I knew more cat talk so I could have understood him better.
My other cat, Sasha, named that because she was so sassy as a kitten, is an entirely different story!!!
I tried and tried to keep her off the counters, etc. when she was little, to no avail. I'd use a spray bottle to try and teach her to stay off of things and all she would do was play with the spray!! Now that she is 10 and much fatter, she can't jump up that far anymore so it's not as much of a problem..
Cats, ya gotta love em.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by ABC's Mom View Post
I'm sure my late cat, Oliver, named after Oliver Twist, knew exactly what I was saying to him.
All cats understand what you're saying to them. They just ignore you.

Originally Posted by ABC's Mom View Post
I sure wish I knew more cat talk so I could have understood him better.
He was saying "Tuuuuna... Tuuuuuna..."
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #27
Antares
Working the Gusset

Since it seems that cats have hijacked this thread, I'll add a note about two of hubby's cats: Thumbkin, who apparently did have a thumb and could do all kinds of amazing things, including opening doors, driving, and typing on the computer (okay, maybe not those last two), and Simon, who when hubby and older brother were in the pool, would dive in and swim with them. Simon would also get very concerned about you if you were crying; he'd come up and bonk you and love on you to try to make you okay again.

So I wonder if LoveBug got enough ideas for her Valentine gifts! I'm sure all these cat stories are really helping.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Since it seems that cats have hijacked this thread...
I know it SEEMS as if cats have hijacked the thread, but in fact it's the other way round. See... The Internet is MADE of Cats.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #29
Antares
Working the Gusset

Back on topic: What about making some of the double knit heart hot pads on this site? http://www.knittinghelp.com/c/free-k...e-knit-hot-pad
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
LoveBugAngel
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Back on topic: What about making some of the double knit heart hot pads on this site? http://www.knittinghelp.com/c/free-k...e-knit-hot-pad
SO CUTE! I haven't tried changing colours yet or double knitting. Perhaps this will be my next attempt!

My Ravelry
http://www.ravelry.com/people/AngelLoveBug
LoveBugAngel is offline   Reply With Quote