Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

I'm Excited
I just ordered the Lace Addi Clicks from my LYS. I did get the shorts as have small hands and wanted the extra cords that came with the set that the longs didn't have. Can't wait til they get here!!
Their price was the same as I've found on Amazon and other online places. I'd much rather deal with local merchants then the online places if I can.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,645 Times in 7,047 Posts
Exciting!!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
ABC's Mom (01-22-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Rie
1st Leg of the Journey

That's the Addi interchangeable set isn't it?
I'm happy for you! I want an interchangeable set so badly. I've been knitting for a few years now but I still need to order new needles for each project.
I've decided to save up for the KA interchangeable set. I can't wait!!
Rie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,763 Times in 2,326 Posts
That is exciting!

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
ABC's Mom (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Rie View Post
That's the Addi interchangeable set isn't it?
I'm happy for you! I want an interchangeable set so badly. I've been knitting for a few years now but I still need to order new needles for each project.
I've decided to save up for the KA interchangeable set. I can't wait!!
That's why I decided to go for the set. I keep having to buy needles and since I like the Addi's so well, at $16 a pop for the individual needles it doesn't take long to add up to what you pay for the set. I will probably still have to buy some of the smaller sized needles when I need them as they won't work as interchangeables.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
You're gonna love 'em! I reach for my Addi Clicks Lace Longs first before anything else!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Hope you get many good years out of them! One of these days I'm gonna lay out the cake for an interchangeable set, but just at this moment that's not in the budget.

One word of caution that I've heard from people who use the "click on" type interchangeables (including Addi) is that they can sometimes come uncoupled without warning. Since I've never used anything but the screw on type, I can't confirm or deny. Just passing on what I've heard so you can look out for it. Could be just a few people having "meatware" issues.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
I've used Addi Clicks almost daily ever since they made their debut a couple years ago ....I've never had my Clicks come undone. The secret is in the 'click'. You just have to make sure you 'seat them' properly. The groove on the cable end has to line up with the dimples on the needle tip. Line them up (align them)...push....twist...release....click!

Because the 'finish' on Addi Clicks is sooooo buttery, I have a hard time griping the needle tip & cable end tightly enough to perform the push-twist maneuver...but I solved that by cutting out two 2"x 2" pieces of non-skid shelf lining. I use then to help me to do the push-twist part.

Anyway, most importantly...read your directions in the box. The wording and diagrams are very helpful. It's not rocket science. But you do have to take care to align the grooves and dimples.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
Lizars1735
1st Leg of the Journey

That is exciting. I hpoe you enjoy them and I'm sure you will use them all the time.
I want an interchangeable set too, but I don't know which ones to get. I've never actually tried addis. I was going to try one for this next project but when I went to the LYS they didn't have the size I needed. I got ChiaoGoo red cables and hiya-hiya and can't even decide whether I like wood or metal better.
The chiaogoos seem like they are similar to addis. Has anyone tried both and can give me a comparison?
Lizars1735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Lizars1735 View Post
That is exciting. I hpoe you enjoy them and I'm sure you will use them all the time.
I want an interchangeable set too, but I don't know which ones to get. I've never actually tried addis. I was going to try one for this next project but when I went to the LYS they didn't have the size I needed. I got ChiaoGoo red cables and hiya-hiya and can't even decide whether I like wood or metal better.
The chiaogoos seem like they are similar to addis. Has anyone tried both and can give me a comparison?
I've only ever used Addi circs in single sizes, but I liked them. I personally think Hiya Hiyas are a better value, at least as far as the single length circs go. I have several of them and love 'em.

That said, I notice a clever marketing ploy Hiya Hiya uses in their interchangeable sets. They have 2 sets, large and small, which go from... 2-8 and 9-15 (I think). The marketing trick is that the cables won't swap between the large and small sets. So for someone like me, who rarely uses anything smaller than a US 6, I'm going to wind up either buying stuff I'll rarely or never use, OR spending just as much to get the individual tips and cables for sizes 6-8. And on top of that, they don't include the cable for a 16" length in the set -- 18" is as short as you can go. I'm sure if you asked them, they'd say that even with the 4" tips they'd be too long for a 16" needle. (The tips are available in 4" and 5" lengths, and those DO interchange -- within the same set.)

All of that has me looking at the Knitter's Pride Dreamz interchangeable sets which go from... 4-11 and 13-17 (I think?). I have a couple of single length Dreamz and like them well enough, and my girlfriend has both interchangeable sets and LOVES them.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote