Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Yes, these are pretty new, came out within the last 6 months I think. The cords are a lot more flexible than the Needlemaster set.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
tangrene
Ribbing the Cuff

I bought both of the Dreamz interchangable sets this last month and just love them! I had most of the fixed circular needles in older brands (decades old) and new bamboo circulars, but I had a love hate relationship with them. Seemed like no matter what the pattern needle gauge called for I ended up using 3 sizes larger.

Finally went to LYS and got the newer fixed Dreamz in a size to try and got a few others in different metals. I absolutely loved the Dreamz wood needles and found if the pattern suggests a size 7...I am usually able to knit to gauge with the same size 7. I was amazed that changing type of needle could make such a difference.

SOOOO I went and bought the longer needle set as well as the short needle set that comes only with 16'' diameter.

I found that if I want to do socks with 2 circular needles that I can use the short and the long needles because the long cords fit the short needles too. I plan to get the bulky add-on soon, but doubt I will use that much.

I loved the Dreamz so much I just bought fixed 40-47in 0,1,2,3...so I now have all the sizes I might need in the Dreamz...and I have all my older circulars that I can give away to my granddaughter as her knitting skills get better, since she isn't fond of my Dreamz needles for some reason. She prefers bamboo and acrylic oddly enough.

Good luck picking out needles. It is much cheaper to buy a set than individual, unless you know that you can't use most of the sizes because of how tight or loose you knit.
tangrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by tangrene View Post
I bought both of the Dreamz interchangable sets this last month and just love them!
The only thing I find bothersome about the Dreamz wood needles (and it's a small problem) is that they color code them by size. Not that this is bad in itself, but it can make things a little hard to see if the color of the needle is close to the color of the yarn. I bought some 10.5s (dark brown) and then wound up using them on a mostly dark brown yarn. My girlfriend was making some mittens for a friend in a mostly red colorway that almost exactly matched the red they used to denote... whatever size that was she was using... 7 or 8 I think. That said, my stainless Hiya Hiya's a as reflective as a mirror, so then it really doesn't matter what color the yarn is -- the reflection is going to match it. That's one thing I can usually count on with my bamboo needles; they're going to contrast with the yarn I'm using most of the time.

It's a little thing, but worth mentioning. Other than that I have NO complaints with either brand.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
Antares
Working the Gusset

Good to know about the Dreamz needles, Mojo. Thanks for mentioning it!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Good to know about the Dreamz needles, Mojo. Thanks for mentioning it!
It's a small thing, but if your eyes are like mine it can be a challenge sometimes. In good light I didn't have too much trouble with it... and honestly if that's the worst problem I have with a project, I call it a win!
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #16
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,053 Times in 2,565 Posts
The Boye set looks like they did what WEBs did and is now selling the same product as Knit Picks with a few cosmetic differences. I wonder, are the pieces interchangeable as are WEBs and KP pieces. Hmmmm.

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance
...the five stages of frogging.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I don't think they are, someone on a ravelry tools forum said they were compatible with the Boye metal interchangeables. I think.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (02-11-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
Fergablu2
Casting On

I'm an Addi addict
I bought the Boye interchangeables, but like them so little that I have since purchased 3 sets of Addi Turbos in 16", 24", 32" lengths, and one set of Addi Lace in 47", and love them. I also have the Denise interchangeables, which are well priced and pleasant to use, but have limited applications. I can't see myself using them for magic loop, but the cords work with interchangeable crochet hooks to use in knitting/tunisian crochet in the round combination.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,053 Times in 2,565 Posts
I just got some tunisian hooks to go with my KP Options for picking up stitches.

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance
...the five stages of frogging.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Fergablu2 View Post
I bought the Boye interchangeables, but like them so little that I have since purchased 3 sets of Addi Turbos in 16", 24", 32" lengths, and one set of Addi Lace in 47", and love them. I also have the Denise interchangeables, which are well priced and pleasant to use, but have limited applications. I can't see myself using them for magic loop, but the cords work with interchangeable crochet hooks to use in knitting/tunisian crochet in the round combination.
Yeah not a fan of the Boye interchangeable needles. As GG says the cable looks like it belongs in a weed wacker. I also have Denise and they are okay, but the cable is too thick for me. Addis are nice, but a little blunt for me. I've heard good things about Addi Sharps, but they are to pricey for my budget. Glad you like them! I'll stick to Knitpicks Options or Hiya Hiya.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote